Breadmakers; are they the devil?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
    Thats the one I've got and I think its great! Make about three loaves a week, usually sunflower bread which I luuuurve!

Best thing since sliced bread!
    What was the best thing BEFORE sliced bread, Snadge?

I got one off freecycle that I'm going to use soon...
    Last edited by basketcase; 11-01-2010, 01:08 PM. Reason: Because I can't type!

Comment

Originally posted by basketcase View Post
      What was the best thing BEFORE sliced bread, Snadge?
      Bread?

Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
      Snadger - Director of Poetry
      RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
      Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
      Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
      piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Are they? ..... YES!!

I had one, it was one of the very few things that were left in my house after the last Mme Leponge departed.
        She only left it out of spite because I hated the %$££ng thing. I couldnt make it work.
        She could make a decent loaf, I couldnt. Our friends borrowed it and made a decent loaf. I couldnt. I gave it to her in the end to complete the clean sweep, and recently made some bread in the oven, scrummy.
        Bob Leponge
        Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
          ...I couldnt make it work..
          Didn't you RTFM?
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
            Didn't you RTFM?
            Thanks for that, had to look it up. Me likey
            Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support

Comment

Didn't you RTFM?

Duh!! I'm a bloke, whaddya think??
              Bob Leponge
              Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
                Duh!! I'm a bloke, whaddya think??
                I'm not a bloke yet I never RTFM - Snowdrop is a blokie and he does - odd world innit. Mind you, he likes shopping and I don't
                aka
                Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post
                  Thanks for that, had to look it up. Me likey
                  Does that get me a place on your Board, even a non-exec would make it worth me getting out of bed in the mornings
                  aka
                  Suzie

Comment

Does that get me a place on your Board, even a non-exec would make it worth me getting out of bed in the mornings
                    My talent agents have already spotted you Piskie, we're just waiting for a suitable position to open up.

Comment

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post
                      My talent agents have already spotted you Piskie, we're just waiting for a suitable position to open up.
                      Armed guard.
                      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

I use a bread machine with timer for mornings, or for dough (especially for pizza). I am quite capable of making bread 'by hand', although I would be more likely to dig out the Kenwood Chef (no space in the kitchen) and mix/knead in that, as I used to do ages ago.
                        30+ years ago I used to mix the dough early morning, leave it to rise in the bottom of the pantry while at work, shape it when I got in from work before getting supper ready, and put the bread in the oven while we ate supper.
                        I prefer the bread machine (not least as the ONLY way to get fresh bread for breakfast!)
                        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

We have one and i think its great.

Comment

We got one just before Christmas - and love it to bits! It's been a lifesaver for OH who is a toast-a-holic and as we were snowed in for a week, managed to make enough bread to keep her going! Phew...

Comment

My parents gave us their old breadmaker as they never used it.
                              We've made a few loaves with it, but i've now reverted back to making bread by hand. I personally find it tastes much nicer.

Comment

Ive got 2 bread makers. One is a large one and the other is a compact one. I make loads of different types of bread in my large one and I use my compact one to make jam and marmalade.
                                I dont know what I would do without them. I can set them off on their merry way and then get to work in my green house for a couple of hours till its done. My husband can eat a full loaf on his own if its still warm and if I make cheese and onion bread I dont even get a look in.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X