No announcement yet.

Funny things children say

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I phoned my friend once and her daughter answered the phone, I asked if I could speak to her mum. She said no, she wasn't in, I was suspicious about this as I knew my friend wouldn't leave her alone so I said 'where is she then', she then said 'my mum has been evicted from the Big Brother house' and then put the phone down on me!
    AKA Angie

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
      What a great thread!

I have to ask though, Sanjo, why HAVEN'T you got down and sniffed the carpet?
      Glutton, the carpet has been down a few years and I am SCARED to smell it!! If it was brand new it would be unpleasant and "chemical" so as it is, it's got to have the (very much) lived in smell and it hasn't been shampooed. Can't face knowing!!!!
      It's only the fact that whatever it is she finds it comforting, and (when I am allowed to by the family) I just try not to think about it.
      Some on the vine (myself and family included) have had a pretty traumatic few months so, since the family all thought it was SO funny, I thought it might cheer other people up. Actually, thinking about it I can't believe I actually told other people!!!! Sandra

Comment

I'd get down and have a sniff- you might be pleasantly surprised- just cos it's old doesn't mean it'll have a yukky smell!
        and don't forget- peeps like/dislike different odours anyway
        At least by smelling it you'll have a better idea- it might smell of talc or air freshener!
        I'm a very sniffy person - I like to sniff fruit before I chose it, and fish and clothes when I'm ironing, food when I'm cooking, OH's pillow when I'm making the bed....

go on...go for it!.you don't have to admit to anyone you have!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          I'd get down and have a sniff- you might be pleasantly surprised- just cos it's old doesn't mean it'll have a yukky smell!
          and don't forget- peeps like/dislike different odours anyway
          At least by smelling it you'll have a better idea- it might smell of talc or air freshener!
          I'm a very sniffy person - I like to sniff fruit before I chose it, and fish and clothes when I'm ironing, food when I'm cooking, OH's pillow when I'm making the bed....

go on...go for it!.you don't have to admit to anyone you have!
          Well, there's no point at the moment as I am finishing off a heavy cold, which is why grandad has gone to the hospital by himself to see our grandson. Mind you, that does at least mean that I can come on the vine without him groaning (on there AGAIN!) and I have plans to go out to the greenhouse and start sowing some seeds, well I will, just as soon as I finish my tea and kitkat - and the temperature warms up a bit. Although my dear OH suggests I put the heater on out there while I'm working.
          He knows it's my chill-out zone at present (no pun intended) and pottering helps, besides which he has been most impressed with the veg I am still bringing in from the garden. Yesterday parsnips, carrots and stored onions. I was eating the parsnips raw as I prepared them. Intensely sweet if a little drier than apples.
          Right, that's it, got to bite the bullet and get on with the seed sowing. ANOTHER SEASON STARTS - YIPEE.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanjo View Post
            Now that DID make me chuckle
            Our 13 year old grandson is seriously ill and when I telephoned to see how he was his younger brother answered. After the usual greetings I asked to speak to his mum (our daughter)
            "She can't, she's too busy"
            I was left staring at a dead phone feeling a bit miffed to be truthful.
            It turned out his brother was in the throes of being very sick as the result of the radiotherapy he is having and she was dealing with it!!
            Kids are pretty blunt like that!
            Kirsty b xx

Comment

Originally posted by kirsty b View Post
              Kids are pretty blunt like that!
              This one is!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                I'm a very sniffy person - I like to sniff fruit before I chose it, and fish and clothes when I'm ironing,
                What a strange habit -sniffing fish whist ironing!
                Multi-tasking?!

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
                  What a strange habit -sniffing fish whist ironing!
                  Multi-tasking?!
                  oh yes!!! () you should see me at my best!!!!
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X