No announcement yet.

Anyone else have Eczema?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The eczema on my right hand & lip has been very red & sore this winter, so I sought another cream to try (E45 makes it worse, and Lotil was OK but not great).

My Boots had a lanolin/alcohol/petrochemical free cream at £9 which I thought was dear but worth a try.
    For the first few days it stung when I applied it, but just now I realised I've not had to use it since the weekend - the redness has gone and the skin is soft again, not at all itchy.

I can highly recommend it - Salcura
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
      Cheers all,
      Jane.
      Blimey - is it Sunday

Apparently I came into this world with the dreaded eczema - Mum says she used to have to soak my woollen bonnets off me bonce cos they'd stick - poor lil baby!

I can't offer anything that hasn't already been suggested - although I am one of the lucky ones that has out-grown it, although I am suspectible to sensitive skin.

My Doc gave me a 500ml bottle of Diprobase that is now on my repeat prescription, I use this twice daily after showering - all over my body and face and I be soft as a baby's bott now.

This is the one I use:

Last edited by piskieinboots; 11-01-2011, 09:04 AM.
      aka
      Suzie

Comment

my son had svere eczema as a baby, he was wet wrapped etc - the worst case they had seen at lewisham hospital they said. in the end we tried homeopathy - he had to go cold turkey off the hydrocortisones etc whilst she addressed innoculation/immunisation effects. within one week of treatment his eczema miraculously cleared up and has never come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          It's usually an allergic reaction or stress. Has anything changed in your life/shopping habits??
          Sometimes it's easier to 'remove' the cause than treat the skin!
          Where are you getting it? I used to have it on my hands from washing so often on the wards.
          Had to change all my soaps for clothing and get an ecowashing up lliquid and a dishwasher. Mine's controlled now- but it used to drive me bananas and I'd put it under a boiling tap of water for relief..how stupid was that???
          I get the same on my hands - I work in care and am constantly washing hands as well as having allergies to pretty much everything that I touch at work (washing powder, cleaning products, personal care items) but its controlled now.

It is important to keep the eczema moisturised and clean, also wear loose fitting clothing over it if possible and let it out when in the house to get some air. Do not put hot water on it as this irritates the skin and eczema does not like to be kept wet/moist or sweaty.

More importantly though, look at why its come back. Like others have said, its often related to stress/anxiety, or allergys. Are you stressed at the min? Does it flare up when you eat certain food, use washing powders, etc etc.

If its bothering you, ask for a RAST test from the doctors (I think thats what they call it - I had one this morning funnily enough!) it is a blood test that looks for allergies, might be worth investigating if you are not so stressed out.

I never had it until this year, and it has been all down my legs this winter and my legs are scarred red from the scratching. Doctor said its a combo of my allergies getting a bit worse (I am now better medicated and will soon be aware of what exactly im allergic to) and the cold, dry weather we've had. I went away to the middle east for xmas and it pretty much cleared up, its starting to itch again now ive been back in the UK a week though

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
            Blimey - is it Sunday

Apparently I came into this world with the dreaded eczema - Mum says she used to have to soak my woollen bonnets off me bonce cos they'd stick - poor lil baby!

I can't offer anything that hasn't already been suggested - although I am one of the lucky ones that has out-grown it, although I am suspectible to sensitive skin.

My Doc gave me a 500ml bottle of Diprobase that is now on my repeat prescription, I use this twice daily after showering - all over my body and face and I be soft as a baby's bott now.

This is the one I use:

DS was prescribed that a couple of years ago....what was once eczema became a mass of red raw blistered skin!...pleased it works for some though x
            Last edited by di; 11-01-2011, 11:37 PM.
            the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I have also taken EPO for many many years - not sure of the science but I believe it helps

I'm sorry to hear that AD, I hope it clears up real soon
              Last edited by piskieinboots; 12-01-2011, 08:17 AM.
              aka
              Suzie

Comment

My sister had eczema throughout her childhood. When she was in her late teens, our family cat, which we'd had since she was three, died, and shortly thereafter her eczema disappeared, and never came back. It finally dawned on us that she was allergic to cats. Therefore, if you've got a cat, throttle it. (No, not really - but don't get too close.)
                Tour of my back garden mini-orchard.

Comment

Shoot me down in flames for this post, say whatever, think I'm a bit hippy, or whatever you want to call it etc. Read through all the replies as I have and then think about it. Stop using whatever shampoo, miracle cream etc etc etc and start using natural (no added chemicals etc) and watch the results! I agree with lots of the comments as stated previously. My son had dry skin, oozing patches etc etc for years and I suffered myself. Research the ingredients of soaps, shampoos, washing powder, look for the cause and not the cure. You'll be surprised! I don't even use shampoo/conditioner anymore (call me what you want) and my god how many women would admit to that. Pharma industry is a multi million pound or dollar industry. Not enough room to post what I want to say about it and may well get told off, but I make all of my own natural products, it's not hard, you probably have most of the ingredients on your allotment or in your garden. Feel free to ask questions or PM me

Comment

Just to add I am no longer a frizzled dyed blonde who's hair wouldn't grow. I woke up to what worked.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X