No announcement yet.

Go on...admit it in public!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have scales but I never use them so don't know what I weighed before Christmas so have no idea what I've put on (guessing a couple of pounds but as my clothes fit I'm not worried) and firmly believe that the more you weigh yourself, the more obsessed you can become which makes food more and more of an issue which isn't helpful in the long run. Don't know you break out of that though.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I do have some scales but very rarely weigh myself. I think I have put on a little bit cos my size 14 jeans are a tad tighter and my size 16 jeans not as loose as they were before. I dont seem to be able to find jeans to fit any more, size 14's are too tight if I can do them up, and 16's far too loose. I dont like hipster type ones but this should be on another thread about jeans lol. I am 5ft 5in and approx 11 stone eek. ( last time I weighed ). My daughter is 5ft 6in and 8 1/2 stone oh to be that size again.
      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
      and ends with backache

Comment

I hate hipster jeans, they felt like they were going to fall down when I started walking and that was only in the changing room.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
          Does anyone else have any good tips on losing weight?
          Apart from eat less, exercise more ... no

Me, I'm going to stop buying cheese and crisps (my winter undoing) and have more alcohol-free days. Not nights, just days.

If you keep busy, you're less hungry. I don't know why watching TV gives you the munchies, but it does.
          When I go back to school tomorrow, I'll have porridge for brekky, yogurt and fruit for lunch and a proper dinner. I'll be walking/cycling 5 miles a day, but I won't feel hungry.
          Last edited by Two_Sheds; 05-01-2010, 10:07 AM.
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Since having two babies in almost as many years, I'm a little bit heavier than I'm used to. I'm 5ft 5 ish and usually size 10, around 9 - 9 1/2 stone. I've got about 8 lbs left to lose from baby weight. Not loads, but enough to mean that I look like the 'bigger one' in all our Christmas photos (my sisters and mother are all very slim).

So, any unopened boxes of choccies and biscuits etc have been put away until next Christmas (Use by dates of 2011). I'll stop making delicious soda bread *sob* for a couple of weeks, and try not to see all the homemade butter I've just filled the fridge with. My method of dropping a few pounds is to eat seafood, soup and fruit during the day, and smaller portions of carbs at night.

I can be pretty disciplined when it come to dropping a few pounds. Starting to knock the lottie into shape will help too!

Only thing I won't drop is my glass of wine in the evening though...I'm not THAT disciplined!
            I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Have put on 1 stone since packing in the weed in October so I can't blame xmas, just eating in general.........
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Bernie...after I'd had Ash my weight really went up and I struggled for ages to get rid.(I'd gotten into the habit of nibbling "just a little"of this and that throughout the whole day.Being at home all day does make it tougher,when you're at work at least you have designated food breaks,so you're only avoiding temptation at those times.
                I found a two week diet plan in a mag that listed exactly what I could have throughout the day...yep,to some maybe a little strict/denying,but I found it really worked for me.
                As long as you're just telling yourself that you're going to cut down,there's always room for just that tiny piece of cheese/choc or whatever is your downfall...if it's not on the list however,it's a lot easier to talk yourself out of eating it.....that's what I found anyway.
                Good Luck with it!xxx

Oh,and don't forget the exercise bit!
                the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Haven't got a any scales (thank God!). Don't think I'm overweight, just not tall enough!!
                  AKA Angie

Comment

I've just dug out my exercise DVDs. Gosh they're awful: 80s style music and curly perms
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X