No announcement yet.

Special K

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The basis of all advertising comes back to Freudian Theory. Freud's Nephew [I think - younger relation definitely], took Freud's theories and started using them in the USA to sell [for example] cigarettes as 'cool' and by golly it worked!

In most cases of advertising; either you want to BE the person in the ad, or you want to be WITH the person in the ad; or in the case of celeb endorsement, if it is good enough for Ian Botham or Kate Moss, then it's good enough for you....So the people in 99.9% of ads are either gorgeous or famous. Every now and then, someone tries using someone not gorgeous and they immediately become famous!

Comment

I was the cadbury gorilla!!

Comment

not sure if they fixed it but special k used to contain more sugar than frosties

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
          But it doesn't necessarily change bad eating habits ... Its nothing 'special', they're losing weight cos they're eating less
          I totally agree with you, and I agree that diets don't work. A total change of habit is required (less food, more exercise).

Not everyone realises that just "eating less" is what they have to do; and others don't know how many calories they should eat, or how many calories are in a food.

Other people find it very hard to resist temptation, so having a restricted diet for a fortnight can help to break bad habits (like eating thick slabs of toast slathered with butter).

Once you've lost the first few pounds, you're spurred on to keep going
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

But the problem is that it doesn't promote a healthy diet....

Of course you'll lose weight if you eat 2 bowls of cereal a day, but it's very hard to sustain permanently.

As soon as you go back, you put the weight on again.

If you want to lose weight, you need to eat a healthy, sustainable diet. Something that you can do easily, that isn't a fad.

(I'm not being preachy. I'm 4 stone overweight and I've battled with eating disorders. I've eaten nothing but cereal before, and believe me, it's not the best diet!!)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X