Anyone else's Christmas been "fleurgh"?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
    lol, because that's exactly what Mr TS said to me this year: I refused to make yorkies, so he shouted that I was going to ruin Xmas for his parents

I said calm down dear, it's only dinner
    Oh my!!! Yorkies ruin Christmas

I have until recently been absolutely rubbish at yorkies until I found a new recipe and they have been fab ever since. We had a big one each in a casserole dish on Christmas Eve, filled with veggie mince and onions, gravy and roast spuds. Lovely! This was after a walk to the lottie, and a swift one in the pub on the way back. Can't beat it!

Comment

Shame for you HW being Beanies first you must have been really looking forward to it, I hope you are both feeling better today.

I'm feeling grot today, methinks maybe overindulgence of the tipples
      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

We had a lovely quiet Christmas. We made the decision a few years ago that we would no longer go down to my parents (in France) for Christmas as although it's lovely to see everyone, with the travel and sheer volumes of people/cooking/presents it was all rather stressful and exhausting.
        Now we celebrate just the 3 of us and have a couple of good friends round for a meal on boxing day.
        Even though DS isn't too well, it was lovely and he is still young enough to do the excited wobble as he opened his presents.

Comment

Hearing of all your aches and pains has really cheered me up. I am full of the lergy and was feeling a bit sorry for myself this morning. It's good to know I am not suffering alone lol.

Comment

Bren, You're not alone!
            I have got a cold, Delhi belly (or possibly too-much-pud-belly) and now my visitor has arrived
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Bren, You're not alone!
              I have got a cold, Delhi belly (or possibly too-much-pud-belly) and now my visitor has arrived
              Aunt Irma? Not good.

Comment

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
                Hearing of all your aches and pains has really cheered me up. I am full of the lergy and was feeling a bit sorry for myself this morning. It's good to know I am not suffering alone lol.
                I think a lot of us are feeling down Brengirl, it's not a good time of the year for me.

Comment

Bren, You're not alone!
                  VISITOR???? I am intrigued!!

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
                    y'know, a lady's visitor. Duh
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
                      Regular visitor, sometimes welcomed - sometimes dreaded - never much fun to have around Stays about 5 days then slopes off.

Comment

Sorry Christmas was spent being snotty, Wayne. Hope everyone is on the mend, now? Mine wasn't perfect, but I think it was ok. Will start a new thread rather than detract from your's, but suffice to say I think you'll be a great Dad, regardless of how fit you are!

Comment

Our Christmas has mostly been very quiet... had a lovely Christmas day (turkey was gorgeous!!) however, Mr OWG has developed a very nasty cold/chest infection, which has really laid him out. He is constantly out of breath and tired, and getting up and down the stairs tires him out.

Means we don't really want to visit anyone (or have visitors over), can't walk the dogs together etc. Trying to see it all as an opportunity to rest and relax though.

Comment

After reading all the ups and downs of other peoples Christmas i have to say I don't think we came off too badly.
                            I have always had mam and dad for Christmas day, and my sister would do the same for St. Stephens day + all the aunts, uncles and any other relatives that were unattached or had no other arrangements to go anywhere else.
                            Well my mam went into a nursing home just under two years ago with acute alzheimer's. Last Christmas we were still able to take her out for the two holiday days, but this year she has deteriorated so much she doesnt know me or my sister, so it meant a change of our long held tradition.
                            On Christmas morning myself and my sister visited her but it was very hard walking away and leaving her behind after having her at the dinner table since I got married 45 years ago.
                            The only consolation. She didn't know it was Christmas, so that was good for her, but for me and my sister it meant a totally different Christmas that wouldn't be centered around my parents any more.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

I thought it had been a bit quiet around here Wayne! Sorry you've both not been well but Bean is probably too young to notice & next year you can have his 'official' big first Christmas!
                              As O.H. has been ill with a tummy bug, like a lot of people it seems, we didn't have any Christmas dinner, he was violently ill & I couldn't be bothered (had poached eggs on crumpets, Christmas cake & a glass of wine!), so we've had a very quiet Christmas too.
                              Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Originally posted by SueA View Post
                                I thought it had been a bit quiet around here Wayne! Sorry you've both not been well but Bean is probably too young to notice & next year you can have his 'official' big first Christmas!
                                As O.H. has been ill with a tummy bug, like a lot of people it seems, we didn't have any Christmas dinner, he was violently ill & I couldn't be bothered (had poached eggs on crumpets, Christmas cake & a glass of wine!), so we've had a very quiet Christmas too.
                                Live a little. Learn a little........Poached egg on crumpet is a new one to me.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X