Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GYO - Problem? FIXED - BUT, Check your PC!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up to last week I was running AVG 8.5 free. I have been notified that this is to be discontinued and have been offered AVG 9. At the time I was not prepared to pay for security so have opted for the 30 day free trial. But what should I do when the trial expires?

Comment

Try Avast instead, its free (& better IMO). You just have to register it.

FREE antivirus software with spyware protection: avast! Home Edition
      To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
        Up to last week I was running AVG 8.5 free. I have been notified that this is to be discontinued and have been offered AVG 9. At the time I was not prepared to pay for security so have opted for the 30 day free trial. But what should I do when the trial expires?
        Brengirl i am using AVG9.0.722 and it is free was using 9.0.716 but it updated itself yesterday .
        AVG is the only programe in my computor that is on automatic update .
        So have a look on fillehippo.com and you will find it there and lots of lovely free stuff/jacob.
        What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
        Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Weeel, just to update. Esp for AVG users.
          Norton may have been what was kicking me off the internet, to stop the trojan reporting out. BUT it let it on in the first place. And i run a scan weekly.
          OH's best pal who sorts and builds PCs ran Spyware doctor on the desktop last night and found two trojans and..wait for it..82 viruses although on inspection about half of those were trackers from various games I play regularly. Left me to get rid as I can handle that bit.
          Ran a full AVG (8.5) scan before I did and it only found TWO viruses and NONE of the trojans.
          then I downloaded and ran Malwarebytes also free, recommended by another one who knows, and it found FIVE trojans and all the viruses previously found.
          needless to say all are now gone.
          Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

is what I call them. They come in all shapes and sizes and have poetic licence to mimic and confuse. They scream kill, kill, kill. But what is the real foe?
            I have just emerged victor from one such encounter. IE stopped responding. The screen went black. I had no curser. Even 'task manager' was blocked. A message appeared telling me that 'bla bla bla' was preventing shut down and that I had to confirm in order to do so. It's got now that I have lost all trust. Eventually, given time, my sytem tweaked it's way back to normality.

Comment

Avast caught it for me. I tried to log on on Boxing Day to thank for my Secret Santa gift and got the warning that Avast had caught something. I gave up, ran a malware scan and decided to wait till Admin were back at work. Yesterday I tried to get on again and couldn't log in! Once again I am logging in from the link on a fellow Grape's blog! Still, I'm here eh?
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Is it a log-in problem rather than the site being hacked Flum?

Edit - thread here

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...e-logging.html
                Last edited by smallblueplanet; 30-12-2009, 04:09 PM.
                To see a world in a grain of sand
                And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

when i click onto the site from the desk top,i cannot get the full picture,it says error on list sqt,i can only access the full site as normal if i click on forums,so i cannot see the lead page with new post and top posters ext,very strange
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Is this where I can unburden my conscience and tell ya'll that I never use a malware/anti-virus program? The one time I was ever attacked in the past 10 years was when I clicked on a file that I had no business clicking on. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by marigold007 View Post
                      Is this where I can unburden my conscience and tell ya'll that I never use a malware/anti-virus program? The one time I was ever attacked in the past 10 years was when I clicked on a file that I had no business clicking on. :-)
                      It may be that you have contracted malware then. Those of us who had warning messages had the offending item blocked. If you were infected you wouldn't necessarily know (till something went wrong) - it's really worth downloading some of the free stuff and running a scan.
                      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                        when i click onto the site from the desk top,i cannot get the full picture,it says error on list sqt,i can only access the full site as normal if i click on forums,so i cannot see the lead page with new post and top posters ext,very strange

Thats the same for me, I expect admin will sort out the finer details in the New Year
                        WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Thankyou Fiona,nice to know am not going bonkers,so i take it,it,s admins problem,
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Well Dave the IT guru fixed the hacking problem really promptly so I am guessing that the front page is just a bit of tidying up he can sort when back at work
                            WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X