Red Ring of Death.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Ring of Death.

Those of you who own or who's children have an x-box 360 will know what I'm on about.

If when you switch on the x-box the lights that surround the switch stay illuminated in red it means the x-box is dead.

A good part of what we have bought the youngest for Christmas is games for his x-box. About an hour ago his console displayed the dreaded 'red ring of death'. So Mrs snuffer has just had to dash into town to buy another (this will be the third) x-box 360.

No wonder Bill Gates is one of the richest men on the planet

It is repairable (at a cost) but takes weeks and I don't think even Santa's elves would be able to get it back to us before Christmas.
    It is the doom of man, that they forget.

My sons was repaired free of charge last year.
    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

I thought this was going to be a thread about curry's
      Bob Leponge
      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Aranthos (our elder son) repaired his own as it was out of warranty. It still does the red ring thing sometimes but if left to warm up for a while it sorts itself out.

If you want more info I will get him online later (he is working till 8 and gets home about 8.40)
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
          LOL!

A Johnny Cash song springs to mind:

"Burn, burn, burn...."
          Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
          Snadger - Director of Poetry
          RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
          Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
          Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
          piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
            I thought this was a thread about Chillis.
            Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Thyanks for advice and offers of help. Mrs snuffer has returned and we are 'back in the game'.

I will get the old one repaired in the new year and it can be held in reserve for when this new console succombs to the dreaded 'red ring of death'.
              It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

You might not have a problem with the new one Snuffer, I understand from the geek children that 360's produced after around November 2008 don't have the same troubles.
                Happy Gardening,
                Shirley

Comment

My kids one got that, they turned it off immediately, and put it next to an open window to cool down. When plugged back in, it worked fine. Presumably that's because it's one of the newer ones.
                  Some friends have an extra fan set up next to theirs to keep it cool...

Flippin' bad timing though, commiserations

Comment

To be honest I can't believe that they think it's acceptable to sell something with a basic design flaw!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

There's a similar problem with PS3's. They did however replace my son's free of charge even though it was out of warranty. It may have had something to do with the watchdog exposure the day I faxed the receipt and details to them. Certainly worth a call to their customer service people. Our lovely chap in the local game shop suggested mentioning switching to the other console if they want to charge for the repair. Said a lady he knew had done this and they'd repaired her son's xbox 360 free of charge as a courtesy as a result.

Comment

I had mine fixed for free, collected and returned. They extended the warrenty to 3 years for that problem although they have now fixed it on the newer models, problem with the motherboard I think.

Comment

Have a look on you tube under ring of death, there is a very interesting solution using a towel to correct the problem.
                          ---) CARL (----
                          ILFRACOMBE
                          NORTH DEVON

a seed planted today makes a meal tomorrow!

www.freewebs.com/carlseawolf

http://mountain-goat.webs.com/

now in blog form ! UPDATED 15/4/09

Comment

We had a go at fixing a couple of these in work ! The guys in the electronics lab were shocked when we told them about the "towel fix" we got one going by re melting the solder under the X clamp but it wasnt easy !

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X