No announcement yet.

Stuck in the snow!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all well stay safe out there! I left work almost an hour early today because of a heavy blizard in Rainham the london end of Essex! A bit before 4pm, my daughter called to say mum go home, heavy snow is on the way! At the time it was raining in Essex, my daughter was already stuck in her car on a snow bound country road on her way home to kent. She was only in surrey not that far from home! It is now 6pm and she is still not home! I called her at 5. pm when I got home. Her and her OH and the dog were on a main road then but still having problems not being able to go the way they wanted, they are still not home yet and it's 6.pm I do hope they are ok! I know she wil call when she gets home!
    Live like you never lived before!

Laugh Like you never laughed before!

Love like you never loved before!

One Love & Unity

http://iriejans.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
      No where near Alton Towers, they are in Hampshire
      D'oh stooopid me - that's the one in Staffs innit!? Just ignore me, I'm an idiot LOL!
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
        D'oh stooopid me - that's the one in Staffs innit!? Just ignore me, I'm an idiot LOL!
        I ALREADY DO .....you didn't need to point it out ... they already do too *giggles xxxx

Comment

Ok update, its 6.50 pm just heared from my daughter she is home now thank god I was getting worried. Surrye to Kent and it took 4 hours! Just goes to show what a little snow can do to our roads! I hope all my grape friends and family's are safe and sound!
          all teh best stay warm and safe!

One Love & Unity

Comment

Brilliant news Jan!!! was gonna phone after DD was in bed to hear if all was well. Big hugs!
            Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

All roads in and out shut, numerous accidents and a bus on it's side! They are making a dash to the station in the hope it's the RIGHT kind of snow and the trains are running. I may have to schlep up to Woking to rescue them
              I hope they get home safe and sound! Its all a worrie, my thoughts are with you and them! At least I know my daughter is home safe now. Hope your family come stroling in soon!

One Love & Unity

Comment

Its been snowing heavily here for about an hour and a bit now. S'posed to be going to my sisters tomorrow, with flowers for Brad and nibbles for us. Hope M11 and A14 clear so I can get there ok. Might have to raincheck my trip to Dagenham on Weds for New Year instead. Don't much fancy going anywhere near London in this weather, don't like driving round there when the weather is good

Hope OH can get to work, but from what he heard on the radio while dropping his middle boy home, it would seem the gritters are not out on the road he has to use to get to Duxford and M11

Hope all travellers tonight get home safely.
                Kirsty b xx

Comment

Originally posted by RedThorn View Post
                  Brilliant news Jan!!! was gonna phone after DD was in bed to hear if all was well. Big hugs!
                  Thanks RT I'm releaved they are home! I'm not sure if ill go to work in the morning, will have to wait and see! The roads on my estate are covered in ice and fresh snowfall much like yours I expect. I left work almost an hour early today crawled all the way home in a blizard was not fun I can tell you!

One Love & Unity

Comment

All mine home safe and sound, glad your daughter is home safe Jan. Apparently I will have to drive them in to collect car tomorrow! We will see, my Clio is absolutely rubbish in icy conditions, and I am used to snow driving.
                    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

My OH is at work in Basingstoke, 10 inches of snow, unlikely to get home tonight

Comment

All mine home safe and sound, glad your daughter is home safe Jan. Apparently I will have to drive them in to collect car tomorrow! We will see, my Clio is absolutely rubbish in icy conditions, and I am used to snow driving.
                        is guessing that may be more like after xmas lol, cant see a thaw happening any time soon

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                          is guessing that may be more like after xmas lol, cant see a thaw happening any time soon
                          Anyone give me good odds on my MiL getting snowed in, (at her house not mine)

Comment

how far away does she live? .... i reckon if it comes down again .... a couple more times ... the odds are pretty good maybe you could call in the betting shop and profit from her loss lol

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                              how far away does she live? .... i reckon if it comes down again .... a couple more times ... the odds are pretty good maybe you could call in the betting shop and profit from her loss lol
                              About 15 miles and it is tempting, very very tempting

Comment

could you get the fire brigade to spray foam outside her house if theres a sudden thaw???

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X