No announcement yet.

Open Coal Fires

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lizzylemon - I forgot to say this in my earlier post but please get yourself a carbon monoxide detector!
    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
      Lizzylemon - I forgot to say this in my earlier post but please get yourself a carbon monoxide detector!
      I'm trying to get some of those stickers but can't find any local - will have to buy some on t'internet I guess. No one, including the sweep seems to know what if any fumes will be coming off the fire.

Comment

the stickers are crap ... we had carbon monoxide the fire was condemned as it was so old, and all the wall was discoloured, and producing carbon monoxide ... but the detectors never changed colour,
        Last edited by lynda66; 22-12-2009, 01:53 AM.

Comment

carbon monoxide from coal fires - Google Search

Comment

As Lynda's link explains...yup CO poisoning isn't just from gas fires.

When we had our cavity walls insulated last year, we had to have a 'breather' put into the wall to give a though draught as protection from CO produced from the wood burning stove!!!!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Thanks everyone - especially the Carbon Monoxide stuff. I now have 2 detectors and am very pleased to say that neither have gone off.

I've passed on the info to our Estate Agent so they're better informed and just incase any of you are looking to get some detectors, Lloyds chemist are selling them for about £10 at mo - at least 10 quid cheaper than anywhere else I've found so far.

Thanks again - it really could be life saving.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X