No announcement yet.

It's Snowing!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunder, lightening, high winds and snow, DD is hoping we miss the last day at school tomorrow, to be honest, it looks likely if it carries on like this
    I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
    Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yup, same as Sprocket said its a blizzard out there and flipping cold as well, extra quilt has been put on the bed tonight and heated blanket MIGHT stop on all night as well.

Comment

No more snow overnight, but the thin covering from yesterday is frozen. Luckily (and quite strangely) the roads are clear, so although there was some difficulty getting the car off the drive, no problem on main roads. Hope there's no more snow today, I have grocery shopping to do later.
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Our road is not clear. Not going to be fun getting DS to school this morning

Comment

Light covering, not the amount they forecast. Mind you gritters not been out at all so should be fun
            WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Had a bit of snow last night, then woke up this morning to thick snow everywhere and it's still coming down quite heavy. We've also had thunder this morning, so no connection for a while! Doesn't look as though Mr TK is gong anywhere today! He was going to GSY for a couple of days, but will now have to change his flight.
              Mr TK's blog:
              http://mr-tomato-king.blogspot.com/
              2nd Jan early tomato sowing.

Video build your own Poly-tunnel

Comment

This morning we woke to continued snow, thunder, lightening, and high winds. The radio kept saying about the closed schools, but ours wasn't listed, and I didn't get a phone call. OH said I should phone in, but he is paranoid since a bad accident in snow 30 years ago. I felt once we got out of the village we would probably be OK, so we set out. Everyone was being very sensible, leaving plenty of space, with a top speed of 15mph. We had got about 3/4 of the way there when DD's phone rang. It was OH, he'd just taken a phone call from my Head of Department to say the school was closed. They left it until 8.15! HoD had already arrived before he heard. Luckily we were just coming to a roundabout, so I just went all the way round and came home.
                I suppose they waited to see who would make it in, and see how many calls they got from stranded teachers, or ones who couldn't even set out, but snow vs last day with full school assembly in the afternoon probably would result in more staff than students anyway
                Never mind, we are officially on holiday now, I don't need to feel guilty, and we are putting the tree up later. I just hope OH can get to Yorkshire to get son no2 on Sunday.
                I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

we have snow here too

Comment

Originally posted by BarleySugar View Post
                    This morning we woke to continued snow, thunder, lightening, and high winds. The radio kept saying about the closed schools, but ours wasn't listed, and I didn't get a phone call. OH said I should phone in, but he is paranoid since a bad accident in snow 30 years ago. I felt once we got out of the village we would probably be OK, so we set out. Everyone was being very sensible, leaving plenty of space, with a top speed of 15mph. We had got about 3/4 of the way there when DD's phone rang. It was OH, he'd just taken a phone call from my Head of Department to say the school was closed. They left it until 8.15! HoD had already arrived before he heard. Luckily we were just coming to a roundabout, so I just went all the way round and came home.
                    I suppose they waited to see who would make it in, and see how many calls they got from stranded teachers, or ones who couldn't even set out, but snow vs last day with full school assembly in the afternoon probably would result in more staff than students anyway
                    Never mind, we are officially on holiday now, I don't need to feel guilty, and we are putting the tree up later. I just hope OH can get to Yorkshire to get son no2 on Sunday.
                    I remember we always used to listen to the local radio on a snowy morning. It didn't matter how deep the snow was, if we didn't hear our school mentioned my mum would march us down there. I remember being in a class with only 3 of the usual 30 children in because the snow was so bad, but the still decided to run it!
                    Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
                    Snadger - Director of Poetry
                    RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
                    Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
                    Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
                    piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

It's snowing at low level here for the first time. The tops have had snow for a good few weeks. Brrr

Comment

It's snowing even heavier now! The chickens were reluctant to step outside their hutch this morning and the horses will have a day in the stables.
                        All we can do is fire up the log burner and open up a nice bottle of wine.
                        Looks like its in for a few days!
                        Attached Files
                        Mr TK's blog:
                        http://mr-tomato-king.blogspot.com/
                        2nd Jan early tomato sowing.

Video build your own Poly-tunnel

Comment

You'll have to make them some snow shoes, bet their toes are freezing!
                          Bright sunny freezing day here with just the thin icy layer of snow from last night, heavy snow etc. forecast for tomorrow night around here.
                          Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

I used to skinny dip but now I chunky dip

Brrrrrrrrrrrr ice breaker you mean

Comment

Never mind the snow, the lock on the beer shed is frozen
                              Urban Escape Blog

Comment

Originally posted by pdblake View Post
                                Never mind the snow, the lock on the beer shed is frozen
                                CRISIS phone the fire brigade
                                Last edited by FionaH; 18-12-2009, 07:22 PM.
                                WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X