HSL Seed Catalogue

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
    I dunno where to start this year - I have really gone OTT with half price seeds etc already so not sure what to get. And they don't offer what I'd really like to try - oca, wild garlic and artichokes!
    Jeanied, are you looking for Jerusalem Artichokes or Globe? If its JA's I can help you out with some as just dug mine up and plenty to spare for planting next year.

Comment

I had no label either........

Comment

Still haven't got my catalogue

If anyone is thinking of trying carrots, I had the purple ones last time and they did great. The Giant Red weren't very giant though, although they were very red

If your leeks work, I'd love some, fankoo

Comment

What kind grapes you are Zazen and Jilly - can I take you up on your offers after the hostilities over Christmas and New Year have subsided?
          *And I'm sure I saw a grape posting the other day about being inundated with wild garlic ....hum.
          And they say wishes don't come true!
          Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

What kind grapes you are Zazen and Jilly - can I take you up on your offers after the hostilities over Christmas and New Year have subsided?
            *And I'm sure I saw a grape posting the other day about being inundated with wild garlic ....hum.
            You haven't any choice with the Oca, it won't be out of the ground until Mid Jan.
            Last edited by zazen999; 13-12-2009, 07:21 PM.

Comment

I dunno where to start this year - I have really gone OTT with half price seeds etc already so not sure what to get. And they don't offer what I'd really like to try - oca, wild garlic and artichokes!

I have some wild garlic bulbs if you want to give some a whirl? Warning though they tend to spead about, so you probably wont need many

Comment

Sure, just PM me when normality returns, I will put some aside for you :-)

Comment

Mine arrived during the week, I have opened and had a quick look , decisions, decisions. Going to have another look tonight. Probably be tomatoes, peas and beans.
                  http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                    If anyone is thinking of trying carrots, I had the purple ones last time and they did great.
                    I had some of the John's Purple carrots last year too and thought they were OK but not the very best. In fact, just had some for my tea mixed with a load of other root veg.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post

With all the stuff going on at Garden Organic, I am wondering if it would be an idea for us on here to have a seed saving group where we all grow one or two just for Grapes and share it out at this time of year [like a Seedy Christmas pressie].........
                      This might be the way forward, like insurance, it would be a real shame to lose heritage varieties.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                        With all the stuff going on at Garden Organic, I am wondering if it would be an idea for us on here to have a seed saving group where we all grow one or two just for Grapes and share it out at this time of year [like a Seedy Christmas pressie].........

If you start the group - I'll join. We'll have to decide who grows what. No use having 6 lots of Bird's Egg beans and nowt else!
                        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                          If you start the group - I'll join. We'll have to decide who grows what. No use having 6 lots of Bird's Egg beans and nowt else!
                          Quite right Flum!

I'll try and get something sorted out over the Christmas period; the difficulty is - as usual - those that join in at the start and never come up with the goods [as running the seed parcel has taught me].....not everyone follows up.

And of course, plants like carrots, snoops and onions; only produce seed in Yr 2 - so it needs advance planning.

Perhaps once we get some new Mods on here [hint hint] - it will release me and Sarz a bit to do other things......

However, you will be Seed Saving Group Member Number 2. We should all have it in our signatures!!! Leave it with me for a few weeks.
                          Last edited by zazen999; 14-12-2009, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Me too please Zazen.... please consider me too
                            Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Ok - Member number 3.

This is nearly a gang! How Exciting!!!!

Comment

Me 4 please, as long as I'm allowed to only do peas, beans and tomatoes

And if anyone is fancying Bridgewater climbing beans from the HSL catalogue, PM your address instead - I had them as a Lucky Dip last year and have half a basketful of them

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X