Does this sound familiar?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this sound familiar?

A.A.A.D.D. Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my garden . As I turn on the hose in the drive, Ilook over at my car and decide it needs washing. As I start toward the garage, I notice that the mail is on the hall table where I put it earlier. I decide to go throught the mail before I wash the car. I lay my car keys down on the, put the junk mail in the paper bin and notice that it needs to be emptied.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the hall table and take the rubbish out first. But then I think that I might as well write the cheques to pay the bills first, and then put all the envelopes and rubish in the bin at the same time.
    I pick up my cheque bookand discover there is only one left. My new cheque book is in thother room in the drawer of my pc workstation, so I go to fetch it and find the can of Coke that I had been drinking earlier. I move the Coke can so that I don't accidentally knock it over. I see that it is getting warm and decide to put it in the Fridge to keep it cool.

As I head towards the kitchen with the coke I notice the plants in the Hall - they need to bee watered. I put the Coke down on the shelf and discover my reading glasses that Iv'e been searching for all morning. I decide that I had better put then back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the plants.

I put the glasses back on the shelf and go to the kitchen to fill a jug with water. Suddenly I spot the TV remote on the kitchen table. I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV I will be looking for the remote that I won't remember is on the kitchen table so I should put it back on top pf the TV where it belongs. BUT first I will water the plants. So I put the remote back on the table and pour some water into the jug but spill some of it on the floor. I get some towels to mop up the spill and head off down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day the car isn't washed, the bills aren't paid, there is a warm can of Coke on the Hall shelf, the plants aren't watered, there is only one cheque left in the book, I can't find the remote or my glasses and I can't remember what I did wit the car keys. Iv'e been busy all day and I'm really tired but I can't work why I haven't got anything done.

Now I am quite sure that 'Grapes' are not like this but it does sound just a bit familiar.
    Last edited by roitelet; 13-01-2007, 05:06 PM. Reason: Wow Iv'e got a picture took me hours last night!
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

That really made me smile. I'm sure we've all had days like that! Not entirely sure that it age related at all.

Kirsty
    Kirsty b xx

Comment

I know the feeling well!
      ~
      Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
      ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

I think it is A A A D D , Roitelet. It comes on at about age 16, and some people never get over it.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

It sounds like I am permanantly!!!!!

Comment

I am still laughing, tears running down my face. This is such a recognisable phenomenon.
            Mr MB said to tell you SNAFU (situation normal, all fouled up) which I think we all recognise.
            thank you so much, you have just been able to explain why I feel so tired all the time.!

Comment

Thought that was a great mail. you might just as well be speaking for me. Every day is like that in my house. it really cheered me up to know i am not alone.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Me to a T Roitelet. If I'm not looking for my keys I'm looking for my glasses
                Live each day as if it was your last because one day it will be

Comment

Just sounds like a normal day to me...what's all the fuss about?
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I call them senior moments, trouble is it's a bit much when they go on all day. Seriously, though, it's good to know I'm not the only one

Comment

Think you've just described my life RL. And like the others said, I don't think its just age related.

Comment

....... sorry, what were we talking about ........
                        ntg
                        Never be afraid to try something new.
                        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                        ==================================================

Comment

Glad you all enjoyed it.

What was the thread I think Iv'e lost it

Just wait until you all start talking about lawns
                          Last edited by roitelet; 13-01-2007, 09:47 PM.
                          Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

What age are you when you get up to do something and when you get to where you're going you forget what it was you went for? Just asking because I can't remember what age it was when you get up to do something and when you get to where you're going you forget what it was you went for? Just asking ....
                            Digger-07

"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right" Henry Ford.

Comment

We are living in a parallel universe Roitelet. I'm so full of good intentions but have zero focus ability - JUST as you described. That was a great post. As they say "I'm busy doing nothing, working the whole day through". When I'm in the garden it gets worse as there's so much more ground to loose stuff in. Have total empathy with you!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X