Flipping Work men..Arrrrrrr

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flipping Work men..Arrrrrrr

I've just come home from seeing my poorly Dad to find the workmen next door have chopped, two and a half foot of MY guttering so they can put a new piece up, they said mine was rotted, this is crap, I had new guttering put up front and back in 2007 the same time as I had a new roof put on.
    My rant is about the width of the guttering they've put up, its 1" smaller than mine so the join isn't the same, which I might add is now well onto my property and the fact they didn't ask permission before hand if they cold cut some of my guttering off, I've told them its no good but they've left it anyway, so I've just rang the housing association who own the house next to me and explained whats happened, they said we'll get in touch with the contractors and find out whats going on, in the mean time there up the ladders at the back off the house just about to start on the guttering there. I really could do without this at the moment.

Any advice to what I can do will be very much appreciated

Originally posted by ginger ninger View Post
    ... there up the ladders at the back off the house just about to start on the guttering there.
    Any advice to what I can do will be very much appreciated
    cut the last ten rungs off their ladder and say 'I'll be back to fix them later', get smaller rungs and stick 'em on the ladder
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

Don't tempt me

Comment

Contact their head office and inform them that if the workmen touch your property you will call the police and report them for criminal damage. Then do it.

Then sue the company for the cost of replacing the guttering to your satisfaction.
        The Idiot Gardener
        Five acres of idiocy: an idiot's journey to the heart of smallholding darkness!

Comment

That sounds like good advice to me. They should be stopped before they do any more to your property.
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Quick update, the workmen have stopped work at the back off the property after someone contacted them by phone, the guttering hasn't been touched yet, I've told them they can't touch mine to which I got the usual workmen patter, I explained to them it was criminal damage and there expression was priceless, then they got on the phone to someone...at the moment its stalemate and there sat in there lorry. Grrrrrrrrrrr

Still waiting for a phone call off the surveyors, I've told them I'm NOT going to take this sitting down and I'll be contacting my solicitor.

Comment

you GO girl
              aka
              Suzie

Comment

Sweetie - get out there and make a big deal of taking LOTS of photos - from all angles. If they ask tell them your solicitor told you to take as many as you can. If you have a newspaper, make a big deal of taking photos of the guttering, your watch, the newspaper with the date on it and more of the guttering.

And take one of the Van and then go indoors. Let them see you through the window on the phone.
                Last edited by zazen999; 09-12-2009, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                  Sweetie - get out there and make a big deal of taking LOTS of photos - from all angles. If they ask tell them your solicitor told you to take as many as you can. If you have a newspaper, make a big deal of taking photos of the guttering, your watch, the newspaper with the date on it and more of the guttering.

And take one of the Van and then go indoors. Let them see you through the window on the phone.

Remind me not to upset you!

Actually really good advice, go for it
                  WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

I've taken lots f photos of the guttering, some off there lorry and the mess out side my house, my camera has date and time setting on it so I've activated those, I've got there phone number as well, 2 off my neighbours have been to see me and said they would be witnesses if it turned nasty, they heard me going off on one outside when I had my earlier rant at the workmen.
                    I've been in touch with the contractors myself and told them in no uncertain terms, that I Will go to our local papers if they don't do something about the damage there workmen have done to my property, and that I also have photos off the said damage on my laptop ready to be emailed if the problem is not rectified to MY satisfaction.

I'm still waiting to hear back from them, and the men are still in there lorry, I've phoned the OH and told him whats happened...I can't print his response, (this is after all a family forum) but he's on his way home as I type ....god help em when he gets here, that's all I can say.

Comment

Nip out and let one of there tyres down and tell them you will fix it later....jacob
                      What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                      Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Well done! You are doing brilliantly, but remember to keep calm when you speak to them as shouting hollering and swearing generally does not get good results.

Keep us posted!

Comment

Originally posted by jacob marley View Post
                          Nip out and let one of there tyres down and tell them you will fix it later....jacob
                          Only one...

Comment

How did it go chuck?
                            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

was wondering the same DDL
                              Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X