Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I grow up I want to be younger with lots and lots of energy
    If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

Always kinda gone with the flow and took jobs purely for the wage packet. Its only in the last 5 years that I've been dead sure what I want, and thats to be a nurse. (Have been happily working as Nursing Assistant gaining experience etc)
      My application will be finished and submitted before Christmas, and I should know in few months whether I'm in or not
      Kirsty b xx

Comment

Retired, and sat in a hot tub with a magnum of 1982 Lafite and a good book, or a nymphette who has read one.
        Last edited by pigletwillie; 09-12-2009, 09:11 AM.

Comment

A owner of a small holding
          Cheers

Danny

Comment

Originally posted by broadway View Post
            I'm with you Broadway, I'd like to have a go at the whole Good Life thing.
            Bex

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
              Retired, and sat in a hot tub with a magnum of 1982 Lafite and a good book, or a nymphette who has read one.
              similar but not with the nymphette
              aka
              Suzie

Comment

I shall never, ever grow up...I don't think I've got it in me!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  I shall never, ever grow up...
                  I got has high as 5' by age 12 and from there on in it was just the boobies that carried on growing
                  aka
                  Suzie

Comment

I've always loved horse, but I wasn't allowed to start riding lessons til I was 11. In the meantime I read every pony book going. My favourite was the 'Jackie' series by Judith M. Berrisford (I still reread them now). Many were set in the New Forest and one mentioned a New Forest Agister, a person who looks after the forest and the ponies and wildlife for a living - that's what I wanted to be...until one day, my nasty great aunt told me there was 'no such thing, don't be so stupid'. I panicked and changed my whole career path on her word (because at that time I liked her - don't anymore!).

I trained to be an Interior Designer (BA Hons don'tcha know). Left college and became a hotel receptionist, assistant in a craftshop (where I learnt about paint effects and stuff), taught courses in paint effects, became an interior designer, then senior designer, company went bust, went back to the hotel in room reservations, worked in sales at Forsham Cottage Arks, and then I struck lucky and got a maternity cover in purchasing dept here. Then I became Materials Controller for a high profile project here followed by more reception work (interspersed with garden and ladies loos designwork), and now, in the New year I shall be PA to the MD and Management Support.

Its a creative CV to say the least - but something in me always regrets not following my original dream. Oh yeah, and Auntie Louie, if you're listening 'NEW FOREST AGISTERS DO EXIST!! YOU WERE WRONG!!'

Comment

I never knew really, other than retired and my own boss with my own time at my own disposal!

Glad to tell you folks, that I made it. Hang in there - it's worth it!
                      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
                        As I am just very nearly in that category I just want to be a kid again.
                        That comes when you get to be about 90.....
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by broadway View Post
                          I wish you lived near me. I have the land, I have the livestock. I just wish I had someone with enthusiasim and energy to work with!

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
                            Does Mrs Piglet know about that!
                            Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

I've never really known what I wanted to be, when I was little I wanted to be a nun (no idea why, not religious, just watched too many 'nun' films like Black Narcissus, Conspiracy of hearts etc.!), a 'Tiller' girl ( can't dance for toffee!), a pilot (afraid of heights!), a surgeon (nope don't like blood!) or a zoo keeper ( too much 'poo').
                              At school when I saw the careers officer he said what do you enjoy, I said art & biology, he said 'medical illustrator'!
                              When I dropped out of my A Levels I saw another careers officer who said 'maths & higher maths O Levels, you should do accounts, go to this interview' & I ended up working in an office for 17 years!
                              Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

I want to be a Smallholder too - we don't have the dosh to buy the land though!
                                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X