No announcement yet.

I don't think I've ever fully appreciated live albums

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree that live albums you have been at are better but think that a lot of it is down to personal taste etc and what you like in a live band. Good examples of this for me were years ago watching REM (loved the band) and being bitterly disappointed by the lack of anything live, good music etc but no personality. Also, saw Coldplay at a festival a few years ago, not that fussed as found their current album to be so-so and was blown away. Chris Martin was full of life and worked well with the audience and was nothing like the boring geek described in the press. U2 also excellent live and am looking forward to seeing them in festival land next summer

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
      We saw 'Tallica at Wembley Arena on the Black Album tour. Jaymz still had his wrist bandaged after the pyrotechnics accident. They were brilliant - I've never headbanged so hard - I walked round like I'd got whiplash for about two weeks after.
      Saw them at Donnington for ...And Justice, and then at Sheffield Arena and Milton Keynes Bowl for the Black Album. They were supported at MK by Megadeth which was just... A- MAHZIN'! I wasn't a particular fan of Dave Mustaine before that, but that was a great day!

Comment

I love " Under A Blood Red Sky" U2, not every one's cup of tea, love there old stuff but not all that bothered about the new.
        I'm also a big Rock fan, used to go to the monsters of rock at Donington years ago, I was also fortunate enough to see Thin Lizzy Live at the City Hall in Sheffield and went mad for the Live And Dangerous album after, fave live band has got to be "The Rolling Stones" OH and me have seen then 3 times, they might be old ...but there fantastic live.
        Last edited by ginger ninger; 08-12-2009, 01:55 PM.

Comment

We saw Rammstein live a few years ago.... just unbelieveable.... however, they don't translate well onto a 'live cd' because you can't see the 'show' (they had fireworks strapped to their arms, flamethrower'd their bass player in a giant cauldron and crowd surfed in rubber dinghy's)

However, the Metallica's S&M album (live with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra) is one of the best ever made
          Last edited by OverWyreGrower; 08-12-2009, 02:25 PM.

Comment

The day after a gig, I'm furiously checking youtube for clips, just to keep it going for a bit longer.
            I prefer lesser known bands at smaller venues so always a bonus if I can see myself in the crowd too ! Here's one from a couple of weeks back.
            YouTube - Buddy Whittington - Romance Classified

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X