Lancashire and Yorkshire Grapes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lancashire and Yorkshire Grapes

Is there any chance we can plan something together for summer, in which the Northern quota of the vine can get together? Maybe do a mini plant swap or visit each others gardens/allotments? That would be great, I know I'm casting my net small but it could end up bigger or even smaller (sounds like an affliction...I know Nick will pick up on this ). Yet, it could be fun, make friends, compare plots, moan and laugh together.
    Best wishes
    Andrewo
    Harbinger of Rhubarb tales

Originally posted by andrewo View Post
    Is there any chance we can plan something together for summer, in which the Northern quota of the vine can get together? Maybe do a mini plant swap or visit each others gardens/allotments? That would be great, I know I'm casting my net small but it could end up bigger or even smaller (sounds like an affliction...I know Nick will pick up on this ). Yet, it could be fun, make friends, compare plots, moan and laugh together.
    We talked about this earlier in the year andrew - I think someone suggested the Southport Flower Show as a venue. I'm game for anything! Dexterdog
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Sounds good to me! How about a possible day out to a stately home and garden, or perhaps a good market or gardening show, then back to one or two places for a barbecue or something? I'm Cheshire / Manchester border, and would deffo be up for something like this!
      Blessings
      Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
      Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
      Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
      On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

A group of us from another forum met up at the Malvern spring and autumn shows this year and it was a great success. We met up for lunch to which everybody contributed something.

Also a couple of people came over for lunch and a look around my allotments. It was nice putting faces to names.

I hope to get to the spring Harrogate show this year if anybody else can get. Are GYO there this year?

Comment

What about this side of the hill? Harlow Carr Gardens? Harrogate Flower show?
          Last edited by Digger-07; 10-01-2007, 06:07 PM.
          Digger-07

"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right" Henry Ford.

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
            We talked about this earlier in the year andrew - I think someone suggested the Southport Flower Show as a venue. I'm game for anything! Dexterdog
            I'm up for it but think that the Southport show would be a bit far west for some people, maybe we could find something more central to help those from the wrong side of the hills?

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Am up for anything, anywhere, anytime! Dexterdog
              Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Hmm, a member of the Goodies then are ya DDL??
                Blessings
                Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

It's you lot that are the WRONG SIDE OF THE HILL!
                  Digger-07

Comment

Mrs D - we are now showing our age methinks! Digger - what are you talking about?! Thought you were a Preston lad? Or are you from Yorkshire and came here on a visa? LOL! We did the same - had a visa for 12 years to various parts of Yorkshire then moved back home to Preston! Dexterdog
                    Bernie aka DDL

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
                      Digger - what are you talking about?! Thought you were a Preston lad? Or are you from Yorkshire and came here on a visa? Dexterdog
                      Did a stint of missionary work with the natives, back home now.
                      Digger-07

Comment

Ooooohhh! Dexterdog
                        Bernie aka DDL

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X