Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winning the lottery. Well, maybe just maybe...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've got my vote Hashette. Must say I did feel a bit of a fraud signing up to a running website. Last time I ran anywhere was when I was late for school. I'm more of a plod kind of guy.

GOOD LUCK.
    It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

Originally posted by snuffer View Post
      You've got my vote Hashette. Must say I did feel a bit of a fraud signing up to a running website. Last time I ran anywhere was when I was late for school. I'm more of a plod kind of guy.

GOOD LUCK.
      Plodding's all I do too, mostly listening to 6 episodes of The Archers podcast

Thanks a million you lovely peeps. I'm off to a quiz to try to think about something else for a few hours, see you tomorrow
      http://www.justgiving.com/Vicky-Berr...-Marathon-2010

Comment

I am about to go and vote, but won't they find it a bit suspicious that they have suddenly got so many new runners on the forum?

Comment

Thanks Janeyo

Call me an old cynic, but no. They'd be watching out for cheating, i.e.the same person posting under multiple e-mail addresses from (probably) the same IP address, but this is fine.

Lots of separate new people deciding to register and vote for someone is just good for their advertising revenue, because they can say x new people registered this month, so everyone on the shortliist is doing it. We think (although we may be wrong) that's why they've started this ghastly voting process i the first place. It's never gone to a vote before, and to be honest if I'd realised how stressful it would be, I'm not sure I would have applied in the first place

But having got this far and being within a shout of the finish (or rather start) line.....

My sleep pattern is normally fairly naff as Incy knows from our early morning conversations, but this has destroyed it. Still, 40 pages to go in the new Dan Brown book, so it's not all wasted time

Comment

me too.....good lcuk
            The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Voted for you good luck
              Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
              and ends with backache

Comment

Me too, good luck with it!
                The cats' valet.

Comment

One more vote from me - good luck.
                  A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Put my vote in..Victoria wasn't it? Evil laugh..
                    Seriously good luck, used to run x-country when younger. Now just challenge pals to see who can finish the fastest on 6 mile sponsered walks..some you win..
                    Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Originally posted by its hilly View Post
                      Put my vote in..Victoria wasn't it? Evil laugh..
                      Seriously good luck, used to run x-country when younger. Now just challenge pals to see who can finish the fastest on 6 mile sponsered walks..some you win..
                      Oi - any more of the Victoria stuff and there will be a Paddington Extra Hard Stare coming your way

Thanks everyone, it's really fab of your all. Tuesday is D-day and I need to put this out my mind - I'm supposed to be relaxing and having some time off. Not going too well so far then!
                      Last edited by Hashette; 22-11-2009, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Good Luck Chuck. I've just voted.
                        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Phew, I finally managed to put in my vote last night Vicky - good luck! (It only took me 24 hours, as no sooner had I registered with the site there was an urgent request for the laptop, and then it went out of my mind until last night ) Not long now until you find out, eek, bet you can hardly bear the suspense!!
                          Life is brief and very fragile, do that which makes you happy.

Comment

Just put in my vote as well. Didn't know whether I would be allowed to vote from Ireland or not but after telling them what I had for breakfast, I finally managed to vote.
                            Very best of luck.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

LOL Bramble, sorry it can be a bit of a pain.

Thank you so much for all the votes, really massively appreciated.

With spectacularly rotten timing, me and hubby had booked three days off this week for a bit of R&R and a much needed chill-out, after a mentally busy few months at work and doing up the house.

I was doing okay at not letting all this get in the way until they told us that the shortlisted people will get a yes or no phone call tomorrow afternoon We've decided not to sit around here and wait for the phone to ring, we're off for some retail therapy to take my mind off it. Three glorious floors of the newly opened Primark in Cambridge, followed by tapas and people watching in La Tasca. Thankfully they know us fairly well in there, so will cope with the reaction whether it's to bring a bottle of cava or an emergency bottle of gin!

Comment

You mean we all have to wait until the afternoon!! Thinking of you Hashette (if the suspense is almost too much for me, how are you coping??!), and will keep my fingers crossed
                                Life is brief and very fragile, do that which makes you happy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X