No announcement yet.

flooding

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our own Bilbo Waggins is alive and well as she's up a hill but can see the flood water from her home. Broadband down but landline still up!
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

They have confirmed that the body is that of the PC.

BBC News - Body found in Cumbria flood is missing Pc, say police
      Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
      Snadger - Director of Poetry
      RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
      Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
      Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
      piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

So sad. It must be very hard for his colleagues too.
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Heard the news this morning about the police man, made both me and OH sit up quickly. Poor poor man and his family, the police force is like one big family and it has hit us all hard. If it was one of my colleagues I can say that none of the shift would have wanted to go home that night and would have stayed on till they found him.
          I worked the floods in this area the other year and it was amazing what risks the police and fire service had to go to save stupid idiots who they thought they were invincible.
          RIP, he died doing his job (not questioning anyone) and I agree with his wife who has said she was proud, we should all be proud. My heart really goes out to the family and his colleagues.
          Last edited by Sprocket*; 20-11-2009, 05:34 PM.
          Karen

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
          Even a journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step!

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
            Our own Bilbo Waggins is alive and well as she's up a hill but can see the flood water from her home. Broadband down but landline still up!

Glad she is ok
            WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

When I moved to Cumbria in 1978 I was told 'They don't build the reservoirs for fun!'

We never used to worry too much about flooding, but it seems to be happening more and more. If we ever move house we will give the possibility of flooding much more consideration

Comment

My dad(nearly 80) has no water supply to the cottage as pipes to private supply blocked with debris(he is 3 miles from Keswick on a mountain) he can't get out as barn flooded and car can't be moved(its a 4 wheel drive and will survive) road flooded, he has no heating and none of us can get to him. He sounds happy however, has his whisky, calor gas, labrador for company and a jennifer lopez film. Cumbrians know how to prepare for these storms........

Comment

My sis and her partner live in Maryport, which only a little way away from Cockermouth, we have been texting and calling most of the day to make sure SIL ok. My sis has broken down on the M5, and was still waiting for recovery truck to take her home an hour ago.
                  Bearing in mind she has to come from Plymouth to Maryport, its a bitch of a drive on a bitch of a day
                  Kirsty b xx

Comment

I was sad to hear of the loss of another police officer - my heart goes out to his widow, I know how she feels...
                    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                      I was sad to hear of the loss of another police officer - my heart goes out to his widow, I know how she feels...
                      Sorry to hear that honney.
                      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Thanks DDL - police wives share their husbands with the job: police widows are so isolated. I just wish I could help.
                        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Its sad when anyone loses someone, but to lose them in such tragic circumstances is heart breaking, so so sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                            as SOON as i saw that there was flooding up north thought of Bilbo! Glad everything is OK.
                            http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X