I Have My Views But Would Be Interested In Others

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pdblake View Post
    This is a good sum up of the M&S ad: (warning: bad language - may be offensive)

The Daily Mash - M&S ADVERT OFFENSIVE TO EVERYONE
    Oooo that made me chuckle; never seen that site before but it is now bookmarked
    RtB x

Comment

Originally posted by ginger ninger View Post
      With regard to the feeding of the ducks, I've never been so disgusted....Fine's for a mum for showing her child how to be kind to animals, that's disgraceful.
      Actually it isn't kind to ducks as the bread is like junk food to them and too much of it is not doing them any good at all . As a result and along with some comments also made I have some sympathys for the park warden on this one even though clearly the extra signs that are proposed were needed.

Re the M&S thing, standard joke on our house that you never see that model with her kit on! OH is more than happy with this, personally I don't care but did wonder how much that ad had actually cost with all the famous faces.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
        Actually it isn't kind to ducks as the bread is like junk food to them and too much of it is not doing them any good at all . As a result and along with some comments also made I have some sympathys for the park warden on this one even though clearly the extra signs that are proposed were needed.
        I'd heard that before, what should we be feeding ducks?
        They should put signs up with their dietary requirements on using one of those nutritional information wheels
        Last edited by OllieMartin; 19-11-2009, 01:25 PM.
        Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
        Snadger - Director of Poetry
        RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
        Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
        Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
        piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

The M&S ad campaign cost £10 million according to The Sun. I'd prance in my underwear for a fraction of that
          Bex

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
            Re the M&S thing, standard joke on our house that you never see that model with her kit on! OH is more than happy with this, personally I don't care but did wonder how much that ad had actually cost with all the famous faces.
            Which I think is the point. I was particularly amused by the enthusiastic nodding of every bloke in the background when he said it!

Comment

I rather agree (barring 'language') with the last comment from the Daily Mash article. As for feeding ducks, I have very mixed feelings about the desirability, but object to the idea of fining someone when the signs were obviously inadequate.
              Canada geese are bullies (so are swans, but they get away with it by being pretty), and it doesn't take much 'leftover' bread to get the rats out. Bread is about as good for ducks as doughnuts are for humans (nice for a treat, but very unhealthy as a steady diet).
              Feeding the ducks is now frowned upon round here, but not actually banned, and people still do......
              Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

It probably isn't feasible but I've often thought that parks should provide little bags of suitable duck food...like farms & zoos do.
                the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Are you offended?

Have just read on the BBC News Page that 8 people have complained about the M&S Christmas advert, saying that it is sexist due the comment about the girl in her underwear.

Is it me or do you not find it tongue in cheek and quite funny?

Christmas wouldn't be christmas without a Man going out and buying the lady in his life some underwear that a) they would never wear in a month of Sundays
                  or
                  b) is completely the wrong size...
                  (Maybe that is just my OH)

Opinions invited...
                  Karen

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
                  Even a journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step!

Comment

What a load of cods........ Aren't there more important things in the world to get het up about??

Comment

Urmm....

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ers_41449.html

and nope- but to be honest I'd have preferred something maybe a little less suggestive for Xmas...don't want to offend Santa do we gals???
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

as my bust measurement,as was 36b, is now my waist measurement I have no comment. Only kidding. I can still strut my stuff with the breast of M&S's...

Comment

So can I Bren - but I wouldn't get the same response LOL!
                          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Can't comment on tha AD as I haven't seen it, though as someone who frequently gets steamed up about T.V. ads this one seems unoffensive in comparison to many.
                            Ducks. Sorry, there is something so satisfying about feeding ducks that it ought to be compulsory. Is a child really going to happily wander through a park without the promise of something fun at the end? With my own children it was the playground and/or the ducks, and I seem to remember feeling the same myself as a girl. One of the first things my grandson does when 'park' is mentioned is raid the bread-bin. I'd have thought that anything which got children away from the telly was a good thing, and at least that way they'll miss the offensive ads!
                            Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                              It probably isn't feasible but I've often thought that parks should provide little bags of suitable duck food...like farms & zoos do.
                              Friend of mine bought some from the garden centre and the ducks wouldn't eat it . Seems the ones round here have got used to junk food.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
                                The duck thing is actually a problem with geese...

Mr Cooper said Canada Geese cause "major problems" in the park, adding: "Nearby residents complain they are noisy, dirty and aggressive. Feeding them only encourages them to congregate in the park. It also attracts vermin."
                                The Canada Geese really are a problem. If they take over a pond the surrounding area is covered in excreta. They are large birds, and their excreta is the equivalent of a large dog.

JCB had a problem with them because they were crapping all over the compay's sports/social club playing fields. If the playing field is covered with that, and you are supposed to be playing a rugby match, you won't be very enthusiastic about making a try.

Another area that they infest locally is Alton Towers.

I love to watch the local wildlife, but Canada Geese (like the Collared Dove) are migrants that we can well do without.

valmarg
                                Last edited by SarzWix; 19-11-2009, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X