I must have impressed the Garden Society

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rhona View Post
    Oh blimey Becki, I hope me saying I'd be panic-stricken didn't come across wrongly! I'm really chuffed for you, you'll thrive in the role, I was just (pointlessly) highlighting the fact that I'M hopeless and would be rubbish at being on a committee!

WTG!
    Not at all Rhona ...oh, the penny's dropped, is it Way To Go ??

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
    Well done you! I can see why they asked; someone clever and sensible and above all a top bird.
    Takes one to know one honey!!

Comment

Congrats. I couldn't organise the proverbial PUIAB but have a huge respect for those who can!

Comment

Well done Becki!!
        http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sarajjohnson
        http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...blogs/pipkins/

Comment

well done sounds right up your street
          The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Congratulations!
            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
              When I was asked to join the village show committee I was told by someone on here that it must be a rubbish job or someone else more suitable would have been asked.
              OH, I think that was me , wasn't meant seriously although I do avoid anything with the word committee anywhere near it

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Congrats Numbers.

For those of us (I.e. Me) not 'in-the-know'; what does being on the committee involve?
                Last edited by OllieMartin; 16-11-2009, 10:35 PM.
                Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
                Snadger - Director of Poetry
                RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
                Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
                Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
                piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Well done you! Must feel good to be sought out and requested,you obviously have lots of talent they need. Would love to know what it all involves,same as Ollie.Good luck.
                  Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post
                    Congrats Numbers.
                    For those of us (I.e. Me) not 'in-the-know'; what does being on the committee involve?
                    Originally posted by lettucegrow! View Post
                    Would love to know what it all involves,same as Ollie.Good luck.
                    Do you know, I have no idea. I guess that you get to suggest things for the show schedules, talks/guest speakers and day trips. And I guess you get roped in to help set up the hall on show day.

I personally don't think our Garden Society is active enough in the village, I'd like to see us taking charge of the village floral displays, having 'weeding' parties, and organising open-garden events for members to see other members gardens...but maybe I'm getting a bit ahead of myself there.

Tonight, I shall sit on my hands and observe the AGM process...but I am so excited, I'll probably volunteer for everything!!

Comment

Well done Becki, this is great news!
                      I am on ours, Vicar of Dibbley.....has nothing on our committee- bless them all! :-)
                      We have a great time, but it is hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post
                        Congrats Numbers.

From what I can see; competing for the nicest tasting home made alcoholic beverages. I'm walking there next time.

We have a committee for everything in our village; except the actual allotments. Insane!!!
                        Last edited by zazen999; 17-11-2009, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Congrats Becki, I'm sure you'll be brilliant at it, you sound as if you've got enough ideas to shake up the committee anyway! I have to say though that like some of the others I'd probably be petrified if someone had knocked on my door & asked me to do it!
                          Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Quick update:
                            I was voted on to the committee unanimously (along with two others). They are desperately looking for a treasurer, but I sat on my hands and only volunteered the use of my laminator for producing membership cards!!
                            Last edited by Pumpkin Becki; 18-11-2009, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
                              Quick update:
                              . membership cards!!
                              membership cards now theres posh....jacob
                              What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                              Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Congrats Mrs, well done indeed. Must have been your cups that made the difference.
                                Bob Leponge
                                Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X