No announcement yet.

Made me jump!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For every one that you can see, there's seven within a couple of metres that you can't . I've never liked using bait, primarily because dogs for all their intelligence are really stooooooooopid when it comes to food type things. prefer to put some chocalte spread covered breadcrumbs and some chicken feed down, sit rather quietly and get the crosshairs of the scope on my AA TX200 HC on the little buggers .
    It was dark. And cold. And very, very empty.

And in the middle of all of the dark, cold, emptiness lay something darker, and colder, but very, very full.

Comment

Our old Stable cat Wiz was an amazing ratter, to watch her killing one was incredible, she'd never eat one though.

Our rat bait is in the stable yard where the dogs can't get to.

Know what you mean G4 about the dead ones.

I had a bit of a shock the other day was hoovering in the pantry and moved a bit of bag that had fallen on the floor, underneath was a flat mouse, obviously someone had trodden on it eeeeyuk, made His Lordship "dispose" of that one
      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

I'm getting seriously paranoid now - there is a conspiracy, I'm sure.

This afternoon, I started moving the sacks of leaves I have been accumulating, because I wanted to store them in a different place. So, I picked up a couple of bags and moved them, went back and noticed the next bag had a hole in, and the leaves were spilling out.

I picked it up, and another in the other hand and walked to 'new' site, about 15 feet away, and guess what. The bladdy thing was asleep in the bladdy bag. It jumped out and ran across my feet

Jump? I nearly sh*t myself!

I let out a shriek, and I swear the bladdy Geese started laughing!
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
          I'm getting seriously paranoid now - there is a conspiracy, I'm sure.

It jumped out and ran across my feet

Jump? I nearly sh*t myself!

I let out a shriek, and I swear the bladdy Geese started laughing!
          ROFPMSL, oh dear sorry G4 too funny
          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

Comment

ROFPMSL, oh dear sorry G4 too funny
            Oh dear..me too.
            Remember some years back reaching up in the dark to drag a bale of hay off the stack, only for ratty to shoot off the bale, down my arm and hurl itself off my shoulder.
            Sounds like you've got problems G4, think you need more than a couple of blocks, three in as many days means you've got at least twenty hiding around the place.
            Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

I know, I know - I can see the funny side of it.

The Rat problem at the stables is an on-going one every winter. Luckily I don't live there, as I would've dealt with it by now if I did. The lady next door keeps Chooks, and is always putting bait out to get rid of the rats, so I guess that's why I found a dead one. Have to say its coat was sleek and glossy, and looked remarkably healthy, apart from being dead, obviously, (iykwim ) so can't think of any other cause.

The 'house' one(s) have taken plenty of bait, and we haven't heard them for a couple of nights. We had a good 'ferret' around and filled various holes, just in case. So, fingers crossed.

The one down the paddock, in the compost area has probably come in from the surrounding fields, and I know there's one under the Chook house because I can see the entrance. Luckily it can't dig up through the paving slabs and wire that the coop is standing on.

Bladdy things - still, it's keeping you lot amused innit?
              Last edited by Glutton4...; 22-11-2009, 05:32 PM.
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

We seem to have goot one in the kitchen loft the noise is too loud to be one of the meece that are raiding the pantry, His Lordship says there is a block up in that loft but it must be outta date or something
                Hayley B

Comment

Two traps put in kitchen cupboard last night. Two mice snapped! Felt a bit bad as they were very cute, but then looked at the wrong dishwasher hose I had ordered to replace the one they chewed, and didn't feel so bad....away to order the right hose.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X