Had some bad news

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all for your support.
    Today has been very bittersweet as I found an old friend as well as losing an old friend.

Your thoughts and support mean a lot to me.
    Much love
    Erica

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Sorry for your loss, even though you hadn't kept in touch you must have been in love once & it's a horrible illness (father-in-law died of it a few years ago) & it must be upsetting for you.
      Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

How awful, thinking of you.
        Jane,
        keen but (slightly less) clueless
        http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

Aw chick. So sorry.

xxx

Comment

Sorry Love.{{{x}}}
            the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

having faced same situation with all the mixed feelings i know how u feel and can sympathise

Comment

My sympathies.
                Bob Leponge
                Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

My condolences
                  The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

What a whirl of feelings you must be having right now - I hope you'll be able to share them with someone and sort them out a bit for yourself. The re encounter with that 'good friend' may be really healing in time.

Thinking of you very much
                    Wars against nations are fought to change maps; wars against poverty are fought to map change – Muhammad Ali

Comment

I am sorry. Unless your ex husband/partner was really horrible you still feel at least a kinship with him. He is at rest now so think kind thoughts about him and you may feel better.

Comment

I am actually starting to feel quite sick about this now.
                        Without going into too much detail, he wasn't the most pleasant chap on the planet.
                        Which is why we have been apart for many years.
                        He has 3 other children (grown up) beside my own 2.
                        2 of them washed their hands of him years ago. 1 re-established contact with him after a long period of not seeing him. We are on good terms with this one. He visits us when he comes up here to see his mum.
                        He has told me today about what happened to him and his siblings and their mum while they were growing up and I now understand why his brother and sister and their mum never wanted any more to do with him.
                        The problem is that my ex and I were still legally married. We just never bothered with the whole divorce procedure. The son who was in touch was meant to be executor, but my ex never got round to doing a will so he doesnt actually have to be the executor.
                        So now I have to sort out the finances and funeral, being official next of kin.
                        The son has major problems to deal with at the moment with a close family member and he obviously wants to spend his free time on that, and doesn't need the extra burden of dealing with the wrapping up his fathers estate.
                        Oh God.
                        I just had to go through all this after my own dad died this summer.
                        Now I have to do it all over again and for a man that was disliked by his whole family.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Oh dear. What a horrible situation to be in. Wish I could do something to help. Big ((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))).
                          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Sorry to have offloaded onto you guys. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Comment

Just seen this thread Erica, I'm really sorry you've been put in a difficult situation. I hope you can resolve things quickly. ((((((((((((((((BIG HUG))))))))))))))))

Comment

Just seen it too, Erica.

What a mess. All my sympathy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X