Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's for Tea/Dinner/Supper/Evening Meal?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For sunday LUNCH we had free range chicken sprouts carrots snowball turnip veg home grown roast pots mashed pots shop bought and gravy with apple crumble and custard for dessert

Comment

Lasagne, Garlic bread and a decent bottle of red wine
      There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Last night we had a takeaway - happens about twice a year! We're a poorly-sick household at the moment (though never too ill for food, apparently), hence turning to a TA menu... It was from a great place (free range/gm free/etc) and was fab. We over-ordered though so tonight we're warming up beef with black beans, prawns with ginger and spring onion and a couple of other dishes.

And it's breakfast, lunch and dinner, sillies! Anything else is either a nibble or a snack with drinks. Obv!
        I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

In my kitchen, Dinner is the biggest meal of the day, whatever time you eat it. If Dinner comes in the evening, you have Lunch middayish, if Dinner comes in the middle of the day, you have tea and/or supper later on. Tea is always heavy on the bread-and-butter, but might include a light 'cooked' bit (smoked haddock or a poached egg).
          Growing up, Dinner was midday, but we sometimes had 'dinner-for-tea' if there was some reason we hadn't had a main meal middle of day.

Last night, roast pork, roast pots, parsnips, savoy cabbage.
          tonight, cold roast pork, stir-fry of cabbage and red pepper, oven chips (home-made, but not home grown, the home grown spuds didn't last long)
          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Breakfast, dinner and tea.... we're not posh!

Last night: Keema Do Pyza (homemade) with basmati rice and homemade naan bread

Tonight: Lasagne (made last week and frozen) and garlic bread (homemade)

Tomorrow: egg and chips

Comment

Oh well might as well admit it's homemade sausages, creamy mash and onions. Eat your heart out!

Comment

Dinner last night was left over chilli from Saturdays party. Tonight is free range chicken breast tikka masala with a veg rice and naans..
                Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

I'm on a tub of chilli and rice with mini pitta breads which I made yesterday. I followed all the cooking tips from a previous thread (including cumin and a low-sided pan), but didn't add any chocolate. Was going to, but forgot to buy any.
                  Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
                  Snadger - Director of Poetry
                  RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
                  Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
                  Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
                  piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Sausage and mash, cheesy leeks, carrots, cabbage and gravy.
                    Yum. (leeks and cabbage from the garden)

Comment

I think it's leftover beef & redwine stew tonight with stilton dumplings.
                      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Last nights dinner was Seared Tuna steak and a bed of slowly sauteed leeks, served with Aduki beans cooked with finely chopped onions, cumin, chilli, and a dash of tomato puree.

Tonight, who knows. I usually can't be bothered on a Monday night and resort to takeaway of some description, but we were a bit naughty last week, so can't possibly be bad again.

Comment

Yesterday was Steak Pie, Mash & Mushy Peas with OH mates from his old regiment, it being remembrance Sunday, we were out in the pub after a lovely service. Washed down with quite a few pints.
                          Tonight is home made chili made with some of "sarraceniac's" prairie fire chillies, and I might add... there HOT

Comment

Last night's dinner (breakfast lunch and dinner or tea here) was roast lamb, roast potatoes, carrots, french beans and broccolli here. Sadly only the broccoli from the garden. Was very scrummy though
                            Tonight, who knows. Possibly leftover cauliflower curry as DS has his name ion the rest of the roast dinner. (Don't tell; him I already had some for lunch)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X