No announcement yet.

What a tongue in cheek!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our council take away the waste in green bags for free, but they will not sell it back to us. Apparently they sell it on to bigger agricultural projects. I now have two daleks and a compost heap and I'm forever watching out for hints and tips on here for composting!
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

We were asked to pay for the bin, and there is an annual charge, so we don't bother. I don't get much I can't compost, and what I do get, we take to the tip where we can put it into the green waste recycling. I haven't heard of them selling it back round here anyway.
      I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
      Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have four garden waste bags at a cost of £40 a year which are collected fortnightly. The council doesn't offer the resulting compost for sale as far as I know. As I only have a small garden so room for two compost bins and a wormery, the bags are really useful for the bigger bits, weeds and blighted stuff and whatever I can't fit in my compost bins
        AKA Angie

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
          Trouble with that is, it assumes people know how to identify weeds, or care for that matter. Its a tricky one
          ours provided a picture of japanese knotweed so people would know what not to put in. We use ours like others on here for blighty toms, hedge clippings etc. everything else goes in our own compost

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X