No announcement yet.

Scars

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks all I am now about to throw up lol. Scar on both hands from carpel tunnel ops. scar on left thumb from slicing a potato in half in my hand when a teenager.
    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
    and ends with backache

Comment

scar on right thumb when slipping sharpening swede hook left index finger reduced in size sideways when trimming Cauliflowers and some body chucked one on to the pile and knocked elbow and knife took the side of finger from second knuckle to the end .
      Very handy for picking nose though....jacob
      What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
      Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Originally posted by amandaandherveg View Post
        I think we need proof in the form of pics Hazel.
        Really?
        I don't think you really want to see pictures, it is lunchtime.

(I lost half my tongue to cancer. So that I could eat & speak again, the plastic surgeon reconstructed my tongue from a portion of my left forearm. The tongue now looks funny: half white, half pink, but works fine (except I can't speak for long, the graft gets tired, having no muscle of its own) Remarkable, really)
        Last edited by Two_Sheds; 03-11-2009, 01:59 PM.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I have a scar on my knee from when I were a lad. Trying to impress a girl somehow and slipped. Gouged my knee on the little metal bracket holding two paving slabs together as a mini retaining wall.

Matching kinda square "U" shaped scars - one on my upper left arm, one on my right shoulder. I was putting the loft ladder back up as a kid and didn't quite get it to click. The next thing I heard it sliding back down it's runners and didn't quite get out of the way in time. The metal feet hit me.

A crescent shaped scar on my right index finger, I slipped with a barmans friend - the little bottle opener thing with the foil cutter dug into my finger about halfway down to the bone. Don't ask what I was doing with it at the time - it wasn't cutting foil.

A scar between my shoulder blades. I used to black out quite a bit as a teenager and on one occasion I'd got up from my bed and made it as far as the door, when I remember falling backwards. My dad found me laying on my bed, on my front with blood all over my back. I'd fallen against the sharp edge of my desk (you know those laminated chipboard things everyone had).

A weird little lump kinda scar on my right hand from broken glass when I worked in a bar.

A 1-2 inch scar on my lower back from my op - I remember thinking how disappointing it looked when I first saw it.

My hernia scar. Not telling any more about that.

As mentioned, I've several on top of my head from various low-hanging objects. Light fittings mainly.

I think that's it.
          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Wayne, you definitely win 'funniest scar' for continually trying to scalp yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
              Wayne, you definitely win 'funniest scar' for continually trying to scalp yourself
              I hear the monk look's coming back.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                Wow! I think two_sheds trumps everyone with a bionic tongue - wicked!
                Really?
                I don't think you really want to see pictures, it is lunchtime.

(I lost half my tongue to cancer. So that I could eat & speak again, the plastic surgeon reconstructed my tongue from a portion of my left forearm. The tongue now looks funny: half white, half pink, but works fine (except I can't speak for long, the graft gets tired, having no muscle of its own) Remarkable, really)
                I didn't want to see, particularly, it's just that I was mightily impressed - and I still am. 3 cheers to the clever surgeon!

Comment

Remarkable, really)[/SIZE]
                  Yes it is!

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                    3 cheers to the clever surgeon!
                    He mucked up my back though (cut a nerve to my left arm/shoulder). I'm going back next week to see if I can get another scar, I mean if he can do something clever to fix my shoulder back where it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by zebedee View Post
                      In line with the thread on organ donation, somebody mentioned about scars. So, who's got what interesting scars? Me, I've got a mis-shapen pupil because I put a tyre lever through my glasses when changing a tyre. Seven pieces of glass in my eye, and thanks to a brilliant surgeon, still got the eye, though with about 70% (blurred) vision.
                      That was me. Nice to know I'm not the only one who likes them!

A lot of my scars are caused by my brother, it's a wonder I still love him as much as I do.
                      In summary:
                      Head - Threw a metal ball at me
                      Nose - Threw a metal pipe that ricocheted and hit me
                      Knee-groin - Knocked me off my bike
                      Wrist-elbow - Slipped on conservatory floor whilst being chased by him

The others that weren't caused by him:
                      Head - Had wooden box thrown on me
                      Head - Fell off a ladder
                      several on knees and hands.

But the best scar I've encountered was a young girl called Harriet who I noticed had a 5 inch scar on her spine between her shoulder blades and upon asking her (politely) about it, discovered she had another 6 inch one at the bse of her spine. Turned out she'd slipped in the bath and fractured her spine in 4 places. Appart from the scars she was perfectly fine (and in my opinion, all the hotter for them! )
                      Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
                      Snadger - Director of Poetry
                      RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
                      Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
                      Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
                      piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post
                        That was me. Nice to know I'm not the only one who likes them!

A lot of my scars are caused by my brother, it's a wonder I still love him as much as I do.
                        In summary:
                        Head - Threw a metal ball at me
                        Nose - Threw a metal pipe that ricocheted and hit me
                        Knee-groin - Knocked me off my bike
                        Wrist-elbow - Slipped on conservatory floor whilst being chased by him

The others that weren't caused by him:
                        Head - Had wooden box thrown on me
                        Head - Fell off a ladder
                        several on knees and hands.

But the best scar I've encountered was a young girl called Harriet who I noticed had a 5 inch scar on her spine between her shoulder blades and upon asking her (politely) about it, discovered she had another 6 inch one at the bse of her spine. Turned out she'd slipped in the bath and fractured her spine in 4 places. Appart from the scars she was perfectly fine (and in my opinion, all the hotter for them! )
                        It amazes me kid brothers/sisters rarely manage to kill each other!!!

Without wanting to embarass Two Sheds...and I'm sure you don't need any reassurance from me anyway...but to set the record straight for others...You'd honestly never know!!!Sorry he buggared up your back,but he did a mighty fine job otherwise!Hope they can successfully fix your back!x
                        the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Slightly off topic but I once worked with a chap who'd had an industrial accident and lost all the fingers on one hand so he had pioneering surgery (for its time) and had his toes on his hand. They worked fine. I could never take my eyes off them esp when he used to answer the phone and scratch his head etc.. and he even had hairs on them!

Comment

I had hairs on my tongue graft when they first put it in but they soon dissolved

and: thanks Di !
                            Mr Sheds never complained about my bionic tongue, except that perhaps they made it a bit sharp
                            Last edited by Two_Sheds; 03-11-2009, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                              It amazes me kid brothers/sisters rarely manage to kill each other!!!
                              And I didn't include the incidents that didn't leave scars, such as:
                              Breaking my collar bone whilst 'kung-fu' fighting.
                              Stabbing me in the arm with his brand new flick knife (he was a bit of a renegade in his youth!)
                              Strangling me while play fighting until I passed out.
                              Ripping my shirt off me and throwing me into a barrel-sized plant pot in Switzerland 'play' fighting)

It's no wonder I'm can take anything these days!
                              Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
                              Snadger - Director of Poetry
                              RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
                              Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
                              Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
                              piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

My brother has an eyebrow scar from where we were washing up. I would wash, he would dry. I would wash faster and faster and pass him the plates faster & faster ... one day he walked straight into the side of a plate

he did his chin himself though: cycled into a stationary lorry

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X