Explosion

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explosion

I am on my PC doing some work and the boy is on his Pc next to me playing Sims 2. When there is an almighty Boom.

I down the lot and when I reboot the DVD Writer in his machine is making a very funny noise. I strip down the drive and the CD has shattered in the drive taking the drive apart with it.

In 10 years in IT I have never seen that.

So now I am down a Game and a drive......oh and a cat. He legged it out the door at about Mach 2.
    My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Some drives are now running at 10000rpm Nog .You dont want to leave the sides off them or they will take the legs off you.
    Personally I wouldn't worry about the cat he'll come back when he wants to.
    Last edited by beefy; 06-01-2007, 06:12 PM.
    There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

I am going to see if I can get another CD out of Blockbusters as we only had it a week. Then its off to the computer fair for another DVD writer.

Well least my weekend is all planned.
      My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by NOG View Post
        I am going to see if I can get another CD out of Blockbusters as we only had it a week. Then its off to the computer fair for another DVD writer.

Well least my weekend is all planned.
        Just installed a DVD writer I got for Crimbo ......I think I'll just move my chair a bit to the left....................
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Blockbusters gave me a refund and the youth gave me a phone number of someone to call on Monday. Went to the computer fair and picked up another copy at £15....which was well cheaper than I paid and I got another DVD writer for £19....not bad 18 speed, duel level... +/-.

Comment

How's the cat?

Comment

has it come back yet?
              Kirsty b xx

Comment

Yep but it appeared to have been tumble dryed cos all the hair was on end. Like an Afro haircut. took a long time to calm down as he normall sleeps under the PC table (must be the heat). He just sat at the end of the hall cring but too frghtened to come in.

I think it quite funny cos he has a go at the foxes but this must have really shocked him.

Comment

Have you checked him for shrapnell yet?
                  There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

No .... but he is a strange cat. He has a friend. Another cat up the road who comes to play. then they both come in the house share the food and go off up the woods. The other cat will have nothing to do with us. If we are late getting up it will sit on the table on the patio waiting for him.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X