Blood Donation

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by organic View Post
    The girls (and guy) at the place I donate are great.
    Long time donors will have noticed changes like losing the sponge balls we used to get to play with (risk of infection through the pin-prick hole).

They've given me things like bandages to replace it and most recently, rolled up and taped strips of corrugated card taken from something they get in (could be bags, needles or something like that).

Good on 'em I think. Having something to occupy the hand of the donation arm makes the donation easier for me I find.

I'm a sod for pigging out after though. I'm always absolutely STARVING by the time the needle comes out so I tend to eat a penguin and a pack of biscuits and usually grab a couple of bits to snack on when I leave too.

That machine-made orange cordial stuff is potent gear too.
    I found the squeezy balls really good for helping my blood flow and have had to pretent I have one by clenching and unclenching my fist since then so fingers crossed we'll get them back.

However, more importantly, have I read your post right? You get penguin biscuits at your donation place? Wow, will have to complain at ours, we only get bourbons and the like, nice but no penguin!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X