No announcement yet.

Wooden gifts

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brain has just gone click and realised that it's our 5th wedding anniversary too, couple of weeks or so later than you chaps, in mid-December.

I can cleverly nick ideas... I might get some fruit trees delivered. I would carve a heart into the new shed door, but I think I'd find myself sleeping in it.
    I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Originally posted by Rhona View Post
      My brain has just gone click and realised that it's our 5th wedding anniversary too, couple of weeks or so later than you chaps, in mid-December.

I can cleverly nick ideas... I might get some fruit trees delivered. I would carve a heart into the new shed door, but I think I'd find myself sleeping in it.
      Happy anniversary for a couple of weeks after us.
      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Hi, not sure if this link will work. But had to try to show my sons new wood hobby. He used to post here often as wiZer but his new wood hobby has taken over - although he currently is inactive with a very bad back!
        This is from his facebook page of things he has made - one day hopefully he will be good enough to set up a site and sell (early days yet)
        I hope you find a good wooden item - lots of great ideas mentioned and wood is such a lovely material.
        Anmelden | Facebook
        BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
        Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

deffo a wooden frame with pic of you all inside it.

Comment

OH gave me a wonderful wooden box. It looks like a small cupboard about 30cm square, when you open the door there are 9 small drawers inside - he had placed a small wrapped gift in each drawer (earings, favourite Quality Street, beads etc).

A couple of years ago my brother gave me a lovely wooden trinket box - he thoughtfully pre-filled it with all those things that eventually end up in such a box - old penny, small stone with a hole in, little plastic solder, chess piece etc etc. I had as much fun examining the contents as admiring the beautiful woodgrain!
            Life is too short for drama & petty things!
            So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Have you decided what to do yet Wayne??

I had thought about a book on ancient trees of Britain/the World. You could go and visit the UK one in years to come.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                Have you decided what to do yet Wayne??

I had thought about a book on ancient trees of Britain/the World. You could go and visit the UK one in years to come.
                I did thanks - bought something from here:

OLIVE WOOD - Naturally Med Olive Wood & Mediterranean Kitchen, Home and Gift Products

but oddly enough, the item no longer appears on their site...

Some great ideas people, thank you.

Looked at getting a photo frame, but found myself lost amidst thousands of rubbish wooden frames online (have you ever searched for "wooden frames" on google!!??). Will do that one day in the future when I stumble across the right frame.

Looked at wooden boxes with a little something in it, but found myself in the same sort of situation as I did with the photo frames.
                A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Oh good!...it's awful if you leave things to the last minute isn't it?

I wonder how Rhona is getting on with her gift???

Boo!!!

http://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/WTD..._~HHF01292.jpg

Comment

Bit late...but you could have checked up to see if this is for sale...a perfect 'wood' gift!!!!

BBC - Cumbria - Mystery of the heart-shaped wood

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X