No announcement yet.

Job dilemma

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm Incy, you need to find out if there is continuation of service for any/all of the positions.

the 4 month one, is it a 4 month contract? if so the chance exists that it will absolve them of all responsibility to pay redundancy as it is a fixed term contract. You ever considered going into consultancy?
    Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

I am permanent staff but the way the company works everyone switches role regularly around once every 4 years usually so it would not affect my contractual rights. It would simply mean that the redundancy process would start at the end of that period rather than next month.
      Consultancy is one of the options I have if I do get made redundant. I have been headhunted a few times but wasn't available so I know I have the skills they look for.

Comment

Originally posted by Incy View Post
        I am permanent staff but the way the company works everyone switches role regularly around once every 4 years ....
        Am I the only one who thinks that's weird?

Good luck with whatever you decide!
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Well I have applied for the one I really want plus the one which lasts 4 months from January. I had a chat with my manager and the role manager and whilst it doesn't make the whole redundancy risk go away, it does at least give me an extra 6 months before the notice period kicks in and thus 6 further months to find a new role internally.
          He was actually very interested in me applying and actively encouraged me to do so. Apparently the short assignment length has meant there are not many applicants and my previous experience was exactly the kind of things he was hoping for so fingers crossed one of the 2 will come up trumps.

Comment

Good luck.

There was apparently an expection that UKplc would officially come out of recession today. It hasn't, so perhaps next quarter. If so, your six months hiatus may mean that there are more openings outside of your current employer in that time.
            If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

Fingers and paws crossed for you Penny.
              Love Bernie and Dexter
              Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Thanks Guys

Comment

all the best incy
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

All the best, fingers crossed and a big hug, (you know the one )

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Comment

I do indeed. Thanks RT much appreciated.
                      I believe I should hear by the end of next week.

Comment

oooHHH might have reason to celebrate then when I get back there

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X