Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlugLobber View Post
    You know you are getting old when...

... you look at items in the shop/on people and remember wearing them the FIRST time round.

...you hear music on the radio that you remember 'coming out' and realise that the colleague stood next to you wasn't BORN!!

...you don't leave the house without a jacket when going out for the day or evening. You know 'it'll get chilly later'.

...you still have vinyl, nevermind cassettes, CDs and DVDs.

...you remember the video store having Betamax on one side, VHS on the other.

...you remember buying your bus ticket from a conductor with a little thingummyjig (actually, saying that is surely a sign in itself...), with little levers and colourful buttons and you got a little yellow square for 10p.

...oyster to you is something that people without sensitive gag reflexes eat.

I'll stop there, lol!

Yes to all of the above.....argh
    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Your cartilage in your knees goes, your teeth start dropping out and you become incontinent when you sneeze?

Comment

Originally posted by SlugLobber View Post
        Well, I'm only 32, so perhaps you're senile enough to just have a bad memory?!?
        started to PMSL then forgot why I was laughing, thankfully I used the quote
        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by petal View Post
          you become incontinent when you sneeze?
          That's why you alway' carry a Tenna Lady...See ..you all laughed at me.

And when you could get on the bus for 2p.
          Last edited by ginger ninger; 22-10-2009, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Hehe...and when you have to pee several times a night and you cannot stand up straight in time to get to the loo. GTTS

Comment

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
              Hehe...and when you have to pee several times a night and you cannot stand up straight in time to get to the loo. GTTS
              Brengirl, you are so on my wave length.

Comment

When a lady bus driver doesn't even look like she should be out of Middle School

Zebedee
                "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

When your idea of excitement is a shot of scotch in your cocoa at bed time.
                  The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                  Brian Clough

Comment

When you'd rather buy a new pair of cosy jimjams than a new dress.
                    If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

On the way to work early in a morning, you have a jumper and your fleece on. You drive past a young lass at the bus stop and she is wearing a t shirt!
                      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

You have to use the zebra crossing because your back aches that much, you don't think you can run across the road in time!
                        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

When you are travelling on the London Underground in rush hour and someone gets up to give you a seat and smiles sympathetically at the 'old girl' (happened to me today!)
                          Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Oh Jeanie, I hope you glared at 'em!
                            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

No Glutton - I sat down and smiled gratefully!!!
                              Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by dammad49 View Post
                                you get your bus pass - ours both came in the post today
                                Got your senior citizens railcard & your B&Q diamond card yet?
                                The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                                Brian Clough

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X