Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not getting a polytunnel getting a baby instead!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not getting a polytunnel getting a baby instead!!!

Hi all, not been on for a while as my world has been turned upside down by a hugh shock..

Had been having persistant stomach troubles for weeks when just after xmas had enough and went to the doctors,this isnt something new i tend to get it every 6 months or so, so you can imagine my surprise when he told me i was pregnant!!!

No idea how far along,when due or anything like that and as had been told we probably couldnt have children (so had put it out of our minds altogether)was a little surprised.

Anyway getting our heads round this a bit now but as we live in an old farmhouse we are SLOWLY renovating all cash is now being directed to house and my polytunnel will have to wait< boo hoo. Plus which my oh has absolutely no interest in gardening so cant imagine him diggin and weeding whilst i sit back and relay orders!!

Just thought i would let you know as i cant tell anyone untill our scan next week.

Congratulations Annie

Comment

Congratulations!!!

The garden will still be there for you both to enjoy in the future. Stick to growing stuff in 10litre pots for this year that way it won't be too strenuous. Sure your OH will manage to lift those around for you.

I grew stuff in pots like that last year as I have ME and can't always do heavy digging and stuff.
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

Congratulations - That's wonderful news.

Comment

Congratulations Annie!

Make the most of the next few months of peace and quiet!!!
          [

Comment

many congratulations hope all goes well for you.....the garden will still be there when youre the proud parents.....enjoy the next few weeks cause once your bundle arrives you will need your batteries fully charged
            The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Congratulations, must have been a BIG shock - maybe you'll be able to get OH helping in the garden by telling him that the fresh veg is very good for the baby's development! Got to be worth a try.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Congratulations Annie. How wonderful for you. As Shirlthegirl says, you can grow huge amounts in containers and still enjoy your own food without the hard work of digging. Do keep us posted.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Wow, that is fantastic news! Congratulations!!
                  Bex

Comment

Just visited the site for the first time in ages and what good news! Wishing you all the luck in the world, Annie.

Comment

Congratulations Annie! Wonderful news for you. Make the most of your time over the next few months (or weeks?) and a few pots around the back door for some herbs and salad will I'm sure keep you in touch with your gardening side.

I actually did more gardening when the boys were really tiny than when they started to get older, so perhaps not all is lost!
                      ~
                      Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                      ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Congratulstions, Annie!
                        http://inelegantgardener.blogspot.com

Comment

Major congratulations Annie - the polytunnel can wait a while yet ! Grow mini veg in pots and baskets near your house - use baby as an excuse - what could be better than home grown organic veg pureed into baby food to give your child the best start on "solids"
                          Rat

British by birth
                          Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                          http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

I don't know why, My eyes have weld-up. Big congratulations, good luck. You'll have to keep us posted.

Comment

wow, great news! good luck to you both.
                              Yo an' Bob
                              Walk lightly on the earth
                              take only what you need
                              give all you can
                              and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse