No announcement yet.

Cold last night

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minus 4 degrees this morning (and that was at 09.30) 'twas very cold last night
    Watch this space - I think we're going to get some spectacliar snow this year.
    Last edited by scarey55; 19-10-2009, 09:06 AM.
    A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Frost? Wassat?

Most of the last few winters we only had 1 or 2 frosts in our old garden. It was SW facing and very sheltered. About every other year it would get the Wisteria buds, which was annoying. Here we're more exposed, and it's considerably colder - strange as we're only 2 miles from our old place!

I've always loved a good frost, but now I'm a veggie grower, I'm not so sure lol!
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

There had been a couple of minor frosts here before yesterday. I noticed my Christmas spuds looking a bit frost-bitten, so I took away the damaged foliage and fleeced them all up. I was very glad I did this morning, as about 4am, the heating kicked in for the first time this year. I think it's set to 11 degrees and that would be INTERNAL temperature! Eep!

Comment

We had a quite harsh frost the first Monday in October, but although it's been cold a few times since then I haven't seen a frost. Even then, at this time of year, I think it depends upon where you are, our house is fairly low (by Sheffield standards), and there was no sign of it, it was only when we went up to the lottie (high and exposed) to feed the chooks that we noticed it.
          Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

According to thermometer in my car it was 2 degrees when I left off work yesterday morning.
            Kirsty b xx

Comment

Originally posted by kirsty b View Post
              According to thermometer in my car it was 2 degrees when I left off work yesterday morning.
              Ouch that's cold for this time of year

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X