No announcement yet.

Grumpy old Git

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clearly not a case of 'Time For Bed' Zebedee!

And to be honest, I'm RIGHT there and totally with you my friend! X
    but I also think that it's worth mentioning our old friends Monty Python here, in the context of 'Always Look On the Bright Side of Life?' de dum, de dum, de dum de dum.....
    Because the lyrics do so beautifully put life into perspective when life doesn't come up to ones' expectations sometimes?!
    But Hey Ho!

Having said that, I have to confess, the older I get, and I'm only the tender age of 49 on October 26th this year?, but the ever so slightly older I get, the more completely infuriated I become with 'PACKAGING'. And I am getting incredibly cross with it.

More and more, I find myself shopping at a Proper Butcher, who hang the meat, cut it, weigh it, put it in a bag, and it belongs to me. I can't be doing with this endless amount of plastic boxing for an inferior product (allegedly children). And just how much space does it take up in my bin or my freezer full of fresh air? Mad.
    X

Comment

I'm sooo with you there Wellie - Packaging drives me potty too. There's two of us, and our fortnightly re-cycling collection is at least two whole bin bags full of packaging . That doesn't include glass, which they won't take, so we take it to the bottle bank (wasp trap) in the village. We save and re-use many jars, and also the plastic milk cartons for batches of soup/gravy etc, and to freeze produce.

Like you I buy from the local Butcher - it saves me a fortune!
      Last edited by Glutton4...; 13-10-2009, 07:12 AM.
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

The one thing that really gets my goat is people that moan and complain about anything and everything (present company excepted of course There are so many things to feel good about I try to ignore all the other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
          I'm sooo with you there Wellie - Packaging drives me potty too.
          me too: if it's really excessive, I leave it in the shop. Mad? I think it's more mad to carry it all home and put it straight in my bin actually.

Shops!
          that's a whole new section of annoyingness.
          1) what I want is 3 inches higher than me and there are no assistants around
          2) what I could reach is out of stock
          3) people who queue so they block the aisles: ffs stand to the side, it's not that radical
          4) special offers that are out of stock
          5) people who abuse disabled parking bays
          6) shop staff who won't tackle parking-bay abusers
          7) people who leave their trolley blocking the aisles instead of pulling it to one side
          8) staff who say do you need a bag? while looking at me holding my own bag
          9) staff who ask me for ID when I buy wine (it's always in Asda, and they do it just to annoy me)
          10) people who put all their shopping on the conveyor belt then disappear to get the thing they've forgotten (oh that's me)

I'm actually a really polite, smiley person in real life. I always treat people how I'd like to be treated: I'd love to be as rude as everyone else in The Outside but I can't bring myself to do it
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I'm a grumpy old git in waiting.
            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

All of the above, plus people using my field as a dog toilet. The neighbour continues to let her two yap dogs roam loose. I saw them come from the opposite end of the field the other day and no owners in sight. God knows where they'd been. She won't be happy until they're both dead I'm sure. I could gladly rip their vocal chords out, too. YAP YAP YAP every time I pull up at my own bloody field and I've been there 8yrs longer than they have (2yrs).

I do find it a minor irritation that people let horses poo on pavements. I'm as guilty as the next rider if I think the road is dangerous or I'm holding up traffic, but on the rare occasion Henry does a No2, I get off and kick it onto the grass verge or into the gutter. Normally he's uber cute, though and swings his bum onto a grass bank or verge. You could say he's free fertilizing labour for the council, lol!

p.s. Grumpy Old Git at the age of 32, here. I'll be unbearable when I'm a wrinkly!

Comment

What worries me is that my son is even more of a grumpy git than me!
                He's 12 but the journey to school consists of. 'Did you SEEE that bad driving Mum?', 'Does that person stepping out in front of you have a death wish?', Can you BELIEVE the lack of respect that parent has swerving from the outside lane to park right on the pavement where the school markings are with NO consideration for other people's kids?', 'If they did that to me I would......Beep!'.
                I spend the whole journey trying to spot good driving, safe behaviour, courteous people etc. to point out to him so that he can at least spot when someone's nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                  me too:
                  9) staff who ask me for ID when I buy wine
                  Huh? Twould make my day
                  If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                    9) staff who ask me for ID when I buy wine (it's always in Asda, and they do it just to annoy me)
                    [/SIZE]
                    Originally posted by Eco-Chic View Post
                    Huh? Twould make my day
                    mine too.....
                    Last edited by Hans Mum; 13-10-2009, 12:59 PM.
                    The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Oh Two-sheds, you young thing! When I buy wine, I BEG them to ask if I'm old enough!
                      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Eco-Chic View Post
                        Huh? Twould make my day
                        the last time it happened, the assistant demanded that I remove my sunglasses and cycling helmet. She thought I could be under-age and disguising myself
                        Of course she did.
                        Jobsworth

Comment

Well I'm feeling a bit grumpy- I was recommended a guy who sell wood for the stove-costs about E30 for a cubic meter...went to see him- he did a big grin and said E45...OK.....will send hubby over to renegotiate- or we'll go elsewhere

..happens a lot here- just open your mouth...."Rich English"
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Things that annoy me regularly:

Bad table manners
                            Inconsiderate road users (eg: drivers/bikers/cyclists not saying thank you)
                            People barging into me in shops
                            People stopping to have a chat in the middle of the aisle at the supermarket
                            Dogs barking at all hours of the day
                            Housemates not pulling their weight
                            Lazy shoppers not putting their trolley back properly
                            Non-fit parents smoking in the car when their children are in the back
                            Low ceilings/doorways/overhangs
                            Lotus Notes
                            Bindweed
                            "Reality" Television - I see it as more of an oxymoron
                            The term "American English"
                            Roundabouts with traffic lights on them
                            Ryanair
                            That annoying Nokia ring tone
                            Buses
                            McDonalds
                            Barry Scott
                            Freestyle UK
                            People who say that if you're talking about an advert it means it's worked - no it hasn't.
                            "Must End Soon" sales that never do
                            Disingenuous people
                            Idiots that sit at 40mph regardless of the speed limit
                            The word "the"
                            Those stupid little flies that seem intent on drowning themselves in your wine
                            Lists
                            Last edited by HeyWayne; 14-10-2009, 08:17 AM.
                            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

yay, HeyWayne hates more stuff than I do !

Comment

Mind your blood pressure lad!
                                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X