What's happening this weekend?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday-faffing around
    Saturday-if the weather's fine will go for a walk in the morning,cook fish pie in the afternoon and back to work in the evening.
    Sunday-sleep all day,back to work in the evening

Not much exciting,eh?

Comment

I will be getting rid of any tom plants that have given up the struggle. Emptying pots and hanging baskets. Tidying up the greenhouse. Weeding and digging.
      Then I have to help OH with taking out the bath to put in a new shower.
      Go to the tile market for tiles.
      Thats just tomorrow, don't want to think about Sunday as it will probably be more of the same as we are doing over the whole bathroom and the bedroom.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Tidying, bringing in the last of the sweetcorn, planting garlic and onions oh and even better going to see the Chiefs play London Welsh. Chiefs, Chiefs, Chiefs!
        Life is too short for drama & petty things!
        So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          I've got 5 drunken English lawyers here
          Are there any other kind? Presume that's from your Cheshire connection? One of them doesn't have the initials EBJ by any chance does he?

As for my weekend, if the weather is good on Saturday will be planting Garlic & onion sets plus digging up the last of my potatoes. Sunday will be Winchester Farmers Market in the morning and no doubt cooking while quaffing some decent red wine when we get back.
          There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Jobs which need doing BUT may or may not get done this weekend are:-
            • Moving three chooks into their winter quarters in the greenhouse
            • Cutting pophole in fence of there old run to allow my other chooks more room
            • Pruning blackcurrants and striking some cuttings
            • Layering my most prolific gooseberry bush to hopefully get a few more plants for next year.
            • Staking my Rapberries
            • Getting rid of the tom plants in my main greenhouse and taking down the staging
            • Making a raised bed in greenhouse
            • Planting spring cbbage both outdoors and in greenhouse bed
            • Planting out PSB
            • Planting out various kales
            • Planting out last of the senshyu onion sets
            • Planting Senshyu onion plants indoors
            • Clearing sweetcorn plants away
            • Tidying up Jerusalem Artichokes
            • Taking a last cutting of comfrey for tea and tidying up plants
            • Taking a sunset apple tree out of a large pot and repositioning it along allotment fence
            • Tidying area at top of allotment and start to build bonfire
            • Paint anything white that stands still long enough
            Then after breakfast I'll................................
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I'm having a girly night in with some of the girls (OH out with the lads) home made bisquits and cheese, lots of wine, silly conversation, that starts about 8.
              Saturday, having heating serviced, afternoon in the garden, night at OH's Nephews 9Th Birthday party (lots of kids...Rrrrrrr).
              Sunday...NAF ALL.

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
                Well thats the plan at least. I'll probably wander down to the village and spend all Saturday in the bar, fall off my stool and get sent home in disgrace by Ginette.
                Well it's good to have a plan - even better to be flexible about it!
                Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Hoping to remove the last of the bean frames - all but one - still got a few green ones hanging in there!

Sunday morning - tidying village flower beds with my Britain in Bloom pals. Afternoon - it's my turn to cook dinner - had it at my sisters last weekend.
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I'll be shopping if it's raining, or out putting my garlic in if it's dry.

Bet it's the shopping though, it is the weekend, hubby did say he would take me into lincoln this weekend. The credit card is going to get a bashing.
                    Jo

Comment

collecting the replacement glass to replace the 8 panes that OH broke when he moved the old GH the other week!!!!!
                      collecting wood for 3 new raised beds for next years veggies (very excited about that one!)
                      copying snadger and 'taking some cutting from blackcurrant bushes' - once i've searched/googled and discovered how to do it!!
                      having brekkie in bed at least one day
                      wrapping up daughter birthday pressies (11th) and finding things i'd forgotten i'd bought her!
                      pruning - now that i've discovered how to do it properly (a result of RHS level 2 cert course i recently enrolled on and l-u-r-v-e!)

Comment

I'm up at 5am both mornings and off to work
                        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                          Will you be in the garden/lottie?
                          Or out playing?
                          Or relaxing indoors?

I will be ironing t-towels - probably
                          Ironing tea towels ??????????????????? 'r' you mad?
                          I shall be down the lottie by eight o'clock it it isn't raining.
                          The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                          Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                            Ironing tea towels ??????????????????? 'r' you mad?
                            it was actually a hint at irony - this time

...but I am mad, as we all know, because I do actually do that - however, this weekend I shall be out in the garden getting it ship shape and bristol fashion ready for the returning war vet
                            aka
                            Suzie

Comment

Ironing Sat morning cos I need to get uniforms done for me and pickle. Working nightshift Saturday night, Sunday will be a very easy day with a possible trip to see my lovely sister, niece and nephew
                              Monday is my day off, and will spend with OH.
                              Kirsty b xx

Comment

hi, will b planting japanese onion set. garlic and some winter cabbage, i know its prob a bit sad , but we have a small baby and getting out into d garden is a big deal at the moment. i actually dont mind, i wudnt swap d little man for anything n the world !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X