*faints
    that's a hellava lot of polishing
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
      *faints
      that's a hellava lot of polishing
      ..and one seriously big supply of Odour Eaters!
      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by louisesgarden View Post
        i have 400 pairs of shoes,
        Excellent. I'm going to show this to Mr R tonight as proof that contrary to popular belief I don't have the mostest shoes in the world.
        I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Jeepers, 400 pairs......... Imelda Marcos watch out
          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Perhaps you could ask yopur Mum to pay any excess baggage charges then, as she booked the posh hotel?!
            To see a world in a grain of sand
            And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
              Sorry, I can't agree with the overall weight thing. I'm 6ft 7 so am never going to weigh the "average" weight. I have to pay a premium as it is because airline seats are not quite big enough, so we pay to have extra legroom - not as a luxury, more out of necessity.
              Somebody I know's son is a similar height and his girlfriend is also over 6ft, they've found out that there is some H&S legislation that means they can demand extra leg room or they could sue the company for risk of blood clots etc. Apparently they've printed it off and take it with them every flight. Get the extra leg room almost every time so long as they turn up early enough when it's still available.

Oh and I struggle keeping my luggage weight down also but it's loads of holiday reading with me, books weigh!
              Last edited by Alison; 28-09-2009, 04:13 PM.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

hey lass - sorry if it seems like I'm having a go, only teasing you - tis your money, you spend it howsoever you choses innit

I have a similar obsession with books

...and to be fair, as I work from home my footwear is either skin in the summer or fluffy socks in the winter
                Last edited by piskieinboots; 28-09-2009, 04:16 PM.
                aka
                Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                  hey lass - sorry if it seems like I'm having a go, only teasing you - tis your money, you spend it howsoever you choses innit

I have a similar obsession with books

...and to be fair, as I work from home my footwear is either skin in the summer or fluffy socks in the winter
                  True Piskie, I work from home too and it does reduce the wardrobe and shoe requirements. But 400 I would need to get an extension to house them all!

Comment

Do what the Italians do - wear four or five layers of clothing so there's less in the suitcase!

Info from my Sister who used to 'frisk' for BA at Stansted!
                    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I'm not sure that many different styles of shoe exist!

Even in a posh hotel it is permited to wear the same skirt with a different top - you don't need one complete outfit for diner each night. 2-3 skirts, 2-3 trousers and 3-4 tops on a mix and match with at most 4-5 pairs of shoes should do.

Add 3-4 more casual tops for daytime 1 sweater if you are likely to need it and 1 pair of black or navy 'universals' shoes and that should cover the week.

P.S. only 1 handbag per pair of shoes please!
                      The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

My philosophy, ditch the suitcase, just pack the credit card (after all everything is so much cheaper there.....)
                        The cats' valet.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                          Somebody I know's son is a similar height and his girlfriend is also over 6ft, they've found out that there is some H&S legislation that means they can demand extra leg room or they could sue the company for risk of blood clots etc. Apparently they've printed it off and take it with them every flight. Get the extra leg room almost every time so long as they turn up early enough when it's still available.

Oh and I struggle keeping my luggage weight down also but it's loads of holiday reading with me, books weigh!
                          We used to always try and get there early and do the same - but it's far less stress to pre-book it where possible. That way, you're guaranteed to have a reasonably comfortable flight.

I remember coming back from The Dominican Republic once and there was a mix up with my seat (they put me in the row behind the exit seat rather than in it). A lady across the aisle from me overheard and went nuclear at the stewardess (on my behalf!!?) - she was a stewardess herself and shouted that my situation was "inhumane" and that she knew for a fact that they had a jumpseat they could offer me.

I was quite embarassed.
                          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Well, being a fat boy rugby player, when I sit in an airplane seat its stuffed fuller than a fat birds shoe.

I suppose a ticket is for a seat, not your individual weight, and overall the airlines must have an "average passenger weight" to calculate their costs from, some fatties, some skinnies. Just remember though 40" trousers weigh more than size 10 ones do.

Comment

At £8.00 a kilo over, I think I'd ditch some of the shoes. And there enforcing it with great pleasure, 10€ on the way back home, I've never known the air lines be as strict, well not on the way home anyway. But don't let me spoil your holiday, have a brilliant time.
                              Lets hope you don't get stuck between two fat smelly people that like to eat!!!
                              Last edited by ginger ninger; 28-09-2009, 07:20 PM.

Comment

*coughs splutters and spits tea all over 'puter

400 pairs of shoes???????

May I ask how they are stored - is it by colour, by heel; by style???? I'm really pushing it to think of 8 pairs in my 'collection'..........and that includes pink fluffy slippers.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X