No announcement yet.

Farm Foods meats?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure where Farm Foods source their meet, but I would make teh assumption (rightly or wrongly) that it's not particularly good "value" even though it may be cheap.
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

...on the curried goat front - a colleague of mine's parents are from Montserrat and he's promised, on numerous occasions to bring me in some of his mum's home made curried goat.

I've been looking forward to it for years.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by Naga View Post
        I see Farm Foods (the shop) has really cheap chicken and beef etc, does anyone know if the meat is grade A 100% British meat?
        I've emailed Head Office to ask them. Just got to wait now and see if they respond.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
          If the chance ever arises, you will taste roast goat the way I cook it, and I guarantee you will like it (but I probably won't tell you what it is until you've eaten it).
          Hilary, should the chance ever arise, you would find me to be incredibly polite, and I would tell you it was lovely, even if I hated it. So you would never know.

In all fairness, my first wife was Jamaican, and so I have eaten curried goat regularly, also a couple of new years eve's ago, I had a really nice roast goat, was scrummy.
          It was just the monotony of eating it daily, for 2 of my 3 meals a day that got my .... no, I wont.
          Last edited by bobleponge; 28-09-2009, 07:58 AM. Reason: Christmas
          Bob Leponge
          Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
            It was just the monotony of eating it daily, for 2 of my 3 meals a day that got my .... no, I wont.
            Don't worry - I won't goad you. (sorry I have a cold)

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Eat goat quite an amount as always tend to buy it from the Farmer's Market and our local delivery service have now started selling it also. It's nice, not at all fatty and really tasty, as already said, a bit like lamb but not quite. The on the bone stuff is best for curry but joints are nice and the mince makes lovely bolagnaise.

Re Farm Foods, don't like the look of the place and personally wouldn't buy the meat, as somebody said, if you want cheap protein, use beans!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
                GOAT...

And wasn't it always the fact that you knoew it was goat or camel depending what was running around the compound the day before
                Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                  Re Farm Foods, don't like the look of the place and personally wouldn't buy the meat
                  Here's the reply from Head Office:
                  "Thank you for your email. Our Chickens are purchased from the EU and
                  the reason we are able to sell them so cheap is that we have a great
                  team of Buyers who manage to secure fantastic deals that we can pass on
                  to our customers."
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                    to our customers."
                    Oh aye - that sounds really like high welfare. NOT!
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                      to our customers."
                      So no info about welfare etc then, just finance! Typical.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I can't cook with cheapo nasty meat - certainly don't want to eat it. I made a lovely chicken risotto last night from two organic free range thighs and legs - loads left for a Thai curry tonight and two lots of stock for soup or more risotto. Only about £3.50 for the pack, but certainly tasted like they had been happy chickens.
                        I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Most of the EU uses appalling conditions to rear meat in. Head Orifice seem to be purposefully vague, there...

Comment

Hmmm i wouldnt know I only buy our meat from our local butcher, he knows where the animal was killed etc....usually local....sorry but i shudder at farmfoods, read the labels on the meat, look out for really small writing
                            Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X