No announcement yet.

Allotment Fairy

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fairies who only looked after veg if they were in hanging baskets?
    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by BilboWaggins
      I'm still waiting for the Tree Fairy to come and help clear up the rubbish and brush from felling 48 giant overgrown Leylandii.

So far, the flightly little blighter hasn't showed up - do you think he's off somewhere with the Allotment Fairy?
      Freecycle it.....we got rid of a huge felled apple tree in one morning like this. They brought their own chainsaw and trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
        Freecycle it.....we got rid of a huge felled apple tree in one morning like this. They brought their own chainsaw and trailer.
        Can see why somebody would want apple wood but am struggling to think of anybody who would want Leylandii!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Leylandii burns ok when it's dried out. I wouldn't turn it down if it was offered, especially free! And the bits too small to burn make good woodchip for paths if you can get a chipper/shredder for a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
            Can see why somebody would want apple wood but am struggling to think of anybody who would want Leylandii!
            I have big piles of Leylandii logs at the allotment waiting to be split for the winter. Just been offered some more which i intend accepting when I see the asker again.
            It burns similar to pine, so is a bit sparky, but in a sealed woodburner that doesn't matter.
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Only 6 weeks (or so) to the day when leylandii come in useful. Every year we go to the same village display, and every year there is a HUGE bonfire, consisting mainly of leylandii 'prunings'. It's the only use I know for the stuff!
              Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                You reckon that the allotment fairy is up to no good with the tree fairy? Are they compatible and what would be the result of this union?
                The would be "A-lottree" fairy... obviously a sure fire jackpot win...
                Today's mistake is tomorrow's compost...

Comment

Good news then, I have about a dozen Leylandii that will be coming down over the next 6 months, more logs for my woodburners.
                  Any idea how long before its dried and ready for burning?
                  Last edited by bobleponge; 26-09-2009, 06:36 AM. Reason: christmas
                  Bob Leponge
                  Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by BilboWaggins
                    Pity I don't live nearer to you - I'd have brought chainsaw, transport and cleared up every last twig & leaf in exchange for a complete apple tree!
                    On the same wavelength as she was then!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X