No announcement yet.

Autumnal Equinox????

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are counting 'sundial' time, and excluding complication due to mountains, sunrise on the equinox is 6am, and sunset is 6pm, EVERYWHERE (see later about peri-polar zones). Of course we are usually on Daylight Saving Time (by its local name) on these dates, which makes it 7am and 7pm, and not many of us actually live on the lines of longtitude, so it will be a little 'out' because of that, but the equinoxes are the only days in the year that lattitude does not affect the times of sunrise and sunset (not sure about the arctic and antarctic regions, which may simply experience the begining or end of the summer-long day instead).
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

If the winter months start on 23rd of September, meaning there's 7 days left until the end of the month, add 31 days in October = 38 + November 30 = 68 + Dec 31 = 99 + Jan 31 = 130 + Feb 28 = 158 and finally + first 21 days of March, = 179 days in Winter
      Summer is March last 10 days + 30 + 31 + 30 + 31 + 31 + 23 = 186
      So this means that technically British summers are longer than the winters by a week. Funny how it never seems like it. Unless my maths is wrong, which is more than possible.
      Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

So it's winter now then.....or Autumn????
        ( says she who has just has lunch in the garden with trousers and sleeves rolled up and has nipped indoors for a cool refreshing glass of water!)
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Sorry, I just meant the colder half of the year. Yep it's still autumn.
          Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
            Yep it's still autumn.
            Phew.......I thought I'd had a touch too much sun today!!!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X