• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

diversity is the new 'job for life' - well done you
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

Crikey, make sure you manage to give yourself a day off now and then mate. That looks like one hell of a workload.

Good luck and above all, enjoy as much of it as you can.
      Urban Escape Blog

Comment

Bet you end up going to the wrong place on the wrong day

Nice variety of work though

Comment

I was asking after you on the chit chat thread just the other week - I'm really pleased its working out (literally) for you. Must be a bit of confidence boost after such a hard decision! But I thought you said it would leave MORE time for the family

Comment

Crumbs Sewer Rat, you have done so well but please take care - don't go over doing it, you need some rest and time for relaxing.

Comment

Utmost respect to you dude - hope it all works out and you get some time to spend with those gorgeous little'uns of yours (and the good lady wife of course).
              A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

If you want something done superbly well - ask a busy person.
                Which is entirely why you will always be busy. You are incredibily inspiring Rattie, and both Trousers and I wish you well in your new day to day adventures.
                Go Get 'Em Mate!
                X

Comment

Spent my first full day at the very large and seriously overgrown walled garden today - cleared three paths (privet lined although how much of the privet will survive is questionable). The paths were not only full of brambles, willowherb, nettles etc but one had some seriously chunky shrub roses growing in the middle of it. Pruned back and tied in a lot of the espaliered fruit trees to the back wall and ditto a lot of roses.
                  Went for a bit of an explore and sh*t do I have my work cut out - there are a lot of sycamore "weeds" with a trunk diameter of over 18", masses of beech seedlings (and some not so small), bramble walls 10ft high, roses that have taken over massive areas and all entwined with each other and various trees that will need serious work done on them.
                  I forgot to take my camera but will take it next week - I have to cut down two or three lilacs that are way too big - chainsaw time !
                  Am looking for a new job for Thursadys as I going to jack the beautiful walled garden at the hotel - the manager is a total pillock (me being very very restrained there) and I can honestly see me swinging for him in the near future.
                  Last edited by sewer rat; 23-09-2009, 08:20 PM.
                  Rat

British by birth
                  Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                  http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Some jobs can only be done for a realistic price. If the walled garden can't be done for the price being paid then no matter how lovely it is you just have to tell them NO CAN DO and move on.
                    Good luck Rat. You will find something else to fill that space - or call it your day off.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Blimey Rat, I think the walled garden from Wednesday could probably fill Thursday as well! It sounds like a tough job but I bet it will feel rewarding as you make progress.
                      Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X