Anything freaked you out recently?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything freaked you out recently?

LadyWayne has been meeting up with a lady who had a baby boy at pretty much the same time as us. In fact - they were in labour at almost the same time (I remember seeing the dude pacing back and forth to the nurses station). Their boy was born two days after Bean.

Anyway, LadyWayne had told me how their little boy was crawling already and standing himself up.

Nothing quite prepares you when you see it though.

I arrived home last night - and friend and baby were still there (baby boy having just woken up from a nap - Bean was still snoozing).

Baby boy crawled over to me at a rate of knots, sat himself up, grabbed my trouser legs and stood himself up in front of me, then reached his arms up to be picked up (which I then obviously did - and nearly launched him through the ceiling as he weighs about half what Bean does). I was stunned.

Bean is currently yet to crawl, so to see a baby of his age doing as baby friend had just doen was quite bind blowing!

Seen anything recently that's taken you aback?
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

not really, except maybe that clip on you tube that .... ermmm actually wrong forum

but i learned that expecting 2 babies to do the same things at the same ages doesn't happen, some will sit quietly showing no interest in getting up, others just cant wait to get mobile ... some will talk early, some will be out of nappies at a year old ... it all depends on the baby .... rob was up walking around at 9 1/2 months, .... yet my friends baby born a week later, didn't bother till she was nearly 2 .... all babies are different .... enjoy each milestone as it arrives .... they all seem to manage to walk and talk etc by the time they get to school

Comment

My mum always swears that babies who walk too early are bandy legged later on as their legs are too fragile to support their giants heads! The earlier they walk the less sense thay have too and you constantly have to follow them about so they don't get hurt. Far better they stay on their bottoms!

One of mine walked at 13 months the other at about 14, but my nephew was walking at 8th months.

As for what's freaked me out lately... OH wasn't looking too hot this morning - pmsl.

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
        not really, except maybe that clip on you tube that .... ermmm actually wrong forum

but i learned that expecting 2 babies to do the same things at the same ages doesn't happen, some will sit quietly showing no interest in getting up, others just cant wait to get mobile ... some will talk early, some will be out of nappies at a year old ... it all depends on the baby .... rob was up walking around at 9 1/2 months, .... yet my friends baby born a week later, didn't bother till she was nearly 2 .... all babies are different .... enjoy each milestone as it arrives .... they all seem to manage to walk and talk etc by the time they get to school
        Oh don't get me wrong, not expecting them to develop the same skills/physical traits at the same time - this little boy doesn't have any teeth and Bean has 4, Bean has more hair, is twice the size and weighs nearly twice as much. They're very different boys - it was just that I'm so used to seeing Bean just lay there moving his arms like he wants to crawl, but not quite being there - then seeing this little fella tearing about....

Thankfully both LadyWayne and t'other lady are of similar opinions in that babies do what they do, when they do it.

Besides, I haven't Hayden-proofed the house yet (one of tomorrow's jobs - I have the day off specially) so I'm in no hurry for him to be up and walking - or even crawling yet!

By the way - the ping pong balls is nothing until you see the beer bottle opener.
        Last edited by HeyWayne; 16-09-2009, 09:28 AM.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

*off to look at youtube*

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post

By the way - the ping pong balls is nothing until you see the beer bottle opener.
            and nothing beats the real life standing at the end of a bar, when a dart goes whizzing past your ear into a ballon behind your head lol ... me ... freaked ... nah lol

Comment

One of our nephews is freakishly advanced - at 18 months he was counting to 20 and holding a conversation (he's two now). Right at the other end of the developmental scale, our baby girl is doing excellent pig and cat noises. She understands most things but refuses to say much, though she suddenly came out with 'delicious' yesterday (she was eating my mum's lasagne, nothing I'd made)...

Totally agree, babies decide what they want to do, and when.

As for what's freaked me out lately, someone nicked one of Mr R's cycles on Sunday. He'd leaned three against a wall, covered in a tarp whilst he mowed the lawn and someone leaned over and helped themselves to the racer! He was just relieved it wasn't his mountain bike, which he actually uses... We're lucky enough to live in a very nice area, quiet road and lovely neighbours. Very odd, but one less thing to find storage space for I suppose!
              I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

It constantly freaks me out the size difference between Ash & my bestest mates little boy.
                She's got a boy a year older than Ash & we used to get all his hand me downs,until she rather selfishly went & had another boy!
                The hand me downs probably only stopped for a year.
                Ash is five & a half & my friends boy is four today.
                The hand me downs we got a few weeks ago may fit Ash next year.The shoes...Ash is size 8 or 9...friends boy a size 12.5!!!(that's bigger than Daisy,who's seven!
                I think it maybe that we've both got extremes...her hubby is really tall & Andi,well...he isn't!So I gues it makes sense.Just odd seeing them together!
                the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Whilst we're on the size thing - LadyWayne was round at my Mum's t'other day, and for some reason they were going through photos of me as a baby, and comparing them to photos of Hayden.

Apparently I was "normal" size as a baby - according to LadyWayne when looking at the two photos of Hayden and I next to each other at the same age.

Hayden is wearing 12-18 month old clothes - the smallest size stuff he's in is 9-12 months, and some of that's snug.

This boy is going to be feuwge!!

What would Vedder do?

Comment

lol rob was always a scrawny thing, but he was in 3-6 months clothes at birth, cos he was very long was always one of the tallest in his year at school, but thankfully when he hit 6'1 at 14-15 and size 9-10(adult size) shoes at 12 he stopped .... and nope, have no idea how he got so tall, no one else is on either side of the family.
                    Last edited by lynda66; 16-09-2009, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Pickle shuffled on her bum till she was about 10 months, then crawled just after that. I used to get lots of questions about why she wasn't walking yet, but stood my ground and told people to leave her be, she'd do it when she was ready. She could fairly whizz around when she was crawling, needed eyes everywhere with her!! Walked at 14 months.

Nothing really freaked me out lately - but now the subject has been raised, something surely will soon!!
                      Kirsty b xx

Comment

One of my old work colleagues' son was like that. At 4 months he was trying to stand up. We were all gobsmacked. He didn't even bother with crawling. He was an incredibly long and stocky baby and if I hadn't seen it for myself, I'd never have believed it. He was walking little steps by 6 months. Mad! Pure Polish genes are something special, lol! Haven't seen him for a while, he'll be nearly 2,now. He's probably doing field athletics these days.

Comment

Originally posted by SlugLobber View Post
                          Pure Polish genes are something special, lol! Haven't seen him for a while, he'll be nearly 2,now. He's probably doing field athletics these days.
                          That's mad!!!

The mother of this baby is Polish!

Maybe there's something in the water.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X