Cheap gin?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap gin?

Has anyone seen any bargains? Need a few litres to go with my sloes...

Tesco value 70cl = £6.98 (£9.97/lt)
    Tesco dry london gin = £11.18/lt
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

I could never find anything cheaper than Tesco's, tbh
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Tesco or Asda. Really not worth buying branded spirits if you're making fruit brews.

Comment

Gone with Asda branded - same prices as Tesco, but I've a free delivery code for Asda.

Comment

I got the value stuff from tesco - no asda within 25 miles!

I might soak the labels off the bottles though when I decant it back and add a posh one of my own!

Comment

I bought some from Sainsburys a few weeks ago when it was on special. Don't like gin at all, even the posh stuff when it's as gin but like it when infused with damson!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I was planning on using Tesco value gin for mine too. Cheapest I've found so far.
              Kirsty b xx

Comment

tesco's is the cheapest i've found and works a treat on the damsons. even more so when following mate's advice to use brown sugar rather than white.

just hard to cope with the weird looks when u just buy value gin and a bag of sugar!!!

hic
                www.scottishexmoors.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
                  I got the value stuff from tesco - no asda within 25 miles!

I might soak the labels off the bottles though when I decant it back and add a posh one of my own!
                  I don't put it back in the original bottle - FiL gets those little '2 glass' bottles of wine and saves the empties for us. Perfect size for a little Christmas present I don't like gin, sloe or otherwise, so 90% of mine goes for Christmas presents.

Comment

Where did you get your sloes from? I've never seen any growing, nor for sale in the local market.
                    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

From the hedgerows around here.

The Asda delivery man has just been, I did have to tell him we weren't having a party as there was so much gin!

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                        I don't put it back in the original bottle - FiL gets those little '2 glass' bottles of wine and saves the empties for us. Perfect size for a little Christmas present I don't like gin, sloe or otherwise, so 90% of mine goes for Christmas presents.
                        Thats a good idea - was planning on doing the actual steeping in a demijohn, but was wondering where to get bottles from. Just gives me excuse to buy wine in little bottles now!!
                        Kirsty b xx

Comment

Originally posted by kirsty b View Post
                          Thats a good idea - was planning on doing the actual steeping in a demijohn, but was wondering where to get bottles from. Just gives me excuse to buy wine in little bottles now!!
                          I use old wine bottles for my garlic oil.
                          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Just as an aside, the 1lt Asda gin bottles are green (as opposed to Tescos clear), with easily peelable front labels. Green bottles very useful for helping keep the liqueur colour (apparently).
                            Last edited by smallblueplanet; 13-09-2009, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Surely gin doesn't have a colour to keep? Until you add the sloes, obviously...

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X