Work; is this happening to you?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I'm afraid that there is lots of this going on at the moment. Companies are trying to reduce the cost of redundancies by performance management - in otherwords they take on the risk that a small proportion of people will issue tribunal proceedings against them.

Its so difficult out there at the mo. I am, thankfully, busy at work, but today my firm announced that there would be lots more redundancies and have asked everyone (even the people bringing home the bacon) to take a pay cut. Whilst it is presented as something they cannot impose on people, in reality none of us have any choice, so working harder longer hours for less money ( which no doubt will not be changed back when things improve)

Whilst it sticks in the throat I would suggest that, unless he has something else to go to (not sure what he does so not sure whether there are any signs of recovery for him), he would be better to keep his head down and get his cv up to date. It might be getting him down being there, but its better that being unemployed.
    Bear in mind that, if the company goes bust because they DON'T take every opportunity to cut costs. EVERY employee will be out of work.......
    Yes there will be businesses which could manage 'properly', but there will also be those which have no choice if they are to stay viable.
    Who would have expected Woolworths to go under? It can happen to ANY business, and those which can 'slim down' in hard times may be the ones which are still there afterwards!
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Unfortunately it sounds very familiar, going through the same sort of thing myself. Just back from 2 weeks holiday (phoned by work a few times about stuff which I had organised to the full before I left, but folk just hadn't read - or forgotten about, emails which I had sent them with full details) and at 09.10 I was already feeling as ill and depressed about being here as I was before the time away. Have had a mixed career pathway so am finding it difficult to find a new job to go to. Ho hum......

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X