No announcement yet.

Your favourite gardener

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do love Alan Titchmarsh and his chuckle!!!

But .... just lately I have been somewhat caught by Monty Don and his enthusiasm and energy (the energy with which he digs a whole for planting or plot - phew! He could do with a new jacket though - any body see the one he was wearing at Christmas?? full of torn bits.

Found Christine's Garden very entertaining - being an Essex girl originally it was good seeing some old haunts! And Reg - more entertaining than some of the prime time tv programmes!
    ~
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
    ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

it's Titch for me too. I came to gardening after watching the 'How to be a gardener' series. He is easy watching and seems to appeal to both sexes and all ages groups. A close second would be Monty Don, again seems to apeal to everyone. But these comments are purely on their TV appearances rather than their particular gardening skill. I am sure there are much much more unsung heroes out there who would deserve the title of 'favourite gardener' than all the TV 'personalities'.

Comment

Know what you mean

Know what you mean about TV personalities vs real gardeners, that's why I included Mike Thurlow and Bob Flowerdew. There are alot of unsung heroes and heroines out there, history will celebrate them - that's the nature of the business, I am sure that 100 years from now Diarmuid McGavin will be a foot note of forgotten, whereas Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall will probably be credited for the backlash against urban living and pollution.

Carole Klein, god she annoys me, don't know why but she does but then again Chris Beardshaw gives me the creeps, don't know what it is about him but my skin crawls when he's on the set.

Loved 'How to be a gardener' was just disappointed with 'The Gardeners Year'. This is an interesting thread and we are raising forgotten heroes and quality gardeners.

Andrewo
        Best wishes
        Andrewo
        Harbinger of Rhubarb tales

Comment

wow Christine floats my boat mmmmmmmmmm is there somthing goin on with her and Reg ????

Comment

Originally posted by michael01
            wow Christine floats my boat mmmmmmmmmm is there somthing goin on with her and Reg ????
            Michael01....Stop.... .... I almost wet myself laughing.
            Jax
            Last edited by Jaxom; 06-02-2006, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Bob Flowerdew does it for me, lots of practical advice for organic gardeners but funny with it.
              Have to agree with Nicos on that blasted coat of Sarah Ravens, you just get so absolutely riveted by it that you can't concentrate on what she's saying!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X