Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Rant! Why do drunken idiots cause damage for no reason!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Rant! Why do drunken idiots cause damage for no reason!

After a few days off during which we were busy, we finally settled down for a quiet night together on Wednesday night, only to have Bella (our Dog) go mad barking at about 11pm, on looking outside it was to find that some drunken yobbo had decided for no apparent reason to throw a bottle through the rear windscreen on my 12 month old Mini Cooper!!!! Nothing was taken, it doesnt even appear that they have even tried to break into it, just that they have decided to break the window for no apparent reason!

Ok, its a nice car, but why does someone have to do such mindless vandalism? What gives them the right to destroy / damage anothers property for no reason, what possible good would it have done them, and why????

My Mini is the first decent car I have ever owned, and the first new car I have ever bought, it wasnt cheap (but I work darn hard to be able to afford it), but it is my pride and joy, its fab to drive and I thoroughly enjoy driving it, but now I am worried that someone, probably some low life scum that doesnt work and does nothing but drink has decided that if they cant have one, then neither should I enjoy it!

Sorry for the rant, but I'm now £75 lighter in my purse (excess on insurance) and thoroughly bogged off about it!
    Blessings
    Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
    Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
    Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
    On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

People who can't be bothered to will always be jealous of things that those who can be bothered to can afford.

In addition there is a general lack of respect for people property, faith and authority (with authority for good reason at the moment). That starts in the home and it starts in the home because if you cant be bothered, the state will hold your hand from cradle to grave. If you can be bothered the state is not interested in you other than to relieve you of tax and perhaps send a bobby round in three weeks because it has too, not because it wants too.

But hey , hand it to the hand wringers, the gravy train is always full.

Comment

I should have included this above, Mrs Dobby, sorry to hear about your car, the mind numingly stupidity and pointlessness of it is what must hurt most.

Comment

Sorry to hear it...you cant even protect your property or family these days. Why cos the PMs and rich have the police between them and the scummies and we have nothing.
        My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

That's a horrible thing to happen Mrs D. Hope you are recovering. It never makes any sense when these things happen. The person concerned may not have been aware they were doing this being under the affluence of incohol but to you that makes no difference. I'd be fuming too, the only difference being I have uninsured loss insurance so my excess is covered.

Sending happy thoughts. What an end to the calendar year though?!

Hope 2007 starts brighter.
          Bright Blessings
          Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Mrs D, so sorry to hear about this; I have no explanation (not sure anyone, even the moron who did it, would have). It seems to be part of the way we are being encouraged to envy and hate each other these days, but we will never know for sure.
            My car, parked right outside the house on the road, was broken into last year for no apparent reason - there were a few coins, less than £2 under the controls; cost me a repair to the door and some aggravation, but nothing else taken, not even No 1 son's Raybans in the glove box!!!
            There is little sense in anything these days.

Please keep breathing and don't let it change you. Warm thoughts and good wishes heading your way.

Comment

Mrs D

Sorry to hear the bad news, I know how you feel when you said about it your first new car. when I first started driving i have a old metro car, came back from holiday and some one had crashed all down one side of my car. Spoke to the neighbours and they told me the guy had stolen a bread van, he was drunk and he was being chased by the police, he got to my road and there was a sharp corner, he lost control and my little car got the job of stopping it!!

I was so upset as it was my pride and joy, yes old but like you I had worked hard to get my first car.

did they catch the person?

Loz
              http://warmanallotment.blogspot.com/

Comment

Oh Suzanne! am gutted for you! the b******s! I agree with all the previous posts - youngsters (some of them) do not have the slightest respect for anyone elses property, or in some cases other people these days!

Three years ago on new years eve some very nice young people tried to prise open the front doors of my astra - needless to say it was a right off - couldve been worse - they had the choice of two mercs and a brand new beemer!

If I had my way I would (this is in theory only of course!) have some way of wiring my car so that if anyone did try to do damage to it they would get an electric shock. Actually, as you are in the trade so to speak, any ideas?!

Try not to let it upset your new year. Dexterdog
                Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

sorry for you...just hope the b******s get their comeuppence..what goes round comes round...
                  The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Can't answer your question Mrs D and I have a degree in Psychology !!! But basically, it comes down to how they see the world - jealousy, envy, or just lost in all they see that they can't have because they are not equipped to provide for themselves. The answer is probably in the latter, but they don't understand what they are lacking in. (some of which is not their fault).
                    Not making any excuses for them here. As a society we allow everybody to believe they are entitled to everything they want, and somebody else will pay for it. Maybe we have to do that or they will just take it anyway. Taxation is the price of civilization and all that.

There is also the problem of young males in our society with no outlet for their natural energy and no appropriate role for them. They are just lost and feel worthless.

Anyway, I'm so sorry about your car. I do know how hard people work for things and I would be just sick if it was mine.
                    The only answer is to accept a car is a material thing and nobody is dead or hurt.
                    I'll say what I've said before - don't let the yobs dictate how you feel or what you do. Pick up the pieces, clean the mess, pay the bill and get on with your own lovely life . They can stay where they are if that is what they choose.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your mini Mrs D. There must be something about these cars. I too bought a new mini cooper convertible last year - my pride and joy and like you, I work jolly hard and saved and saved. Some kind person put a huge dent on the bonnet and whoever made the dent then put scratches on the front. I was devastated when I found the car like it after a short shop in Homebase can you believe. I asked around if anyone had seen anything and people just looked the other way! It was daylight.
                      Anyway, I totally empathise with you and at the end of the day we have to remember that it's just a piece of metal and can be replaced. The waste of space that damaged your car will wake up in the morning and still be a waste of space. Hope you feel better about it soon. Bet you have a name for your car??

Comment

Thanks to all for the lovely replies, they have helped me to calm down a bit!

DDL, there was an instance of a guy in the USA rigging his car up to give an electric shock to the idiots who were vandalising / trying to steal it! He'd been targeted for about 6 months, the Police hadnt been able to do much, then he decided to rig it up to mains on the door handles, inside his garage!

The potential thief got zapped and died, and the guy went to jail for murder, even tho the thief had broken into his garage and then tried to steal the car!

Alice, perhaps National Service should be reintroduced for those that cant / wont find a job to do when they leave school? Just a thought!

Weavie! Another MINI fan then? Yes, she is called Jasmine (short for Jazzy MINI) and is an EB/B MC JCW, with Chilli, SR, HK, Chronopack, 16" 5stars! Wots your MINI called? I was sorry to hear of the damage done to yours too, have you been onto www.mini2.com, similar forum to this, but all about MINI's! I'm Redwytch on there!
                        Blessings
                        Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                        Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                        Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                        On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Wow - didn't know of such a website - will take a gander. Mine's called Cassie. It's got all the gear - well that is all the trimmings. Hasn't got gears as I had it built with an auto transmission. She's very pretty and doesn't object to carrying around bags of compost and manure in her little boot. When I over-load her with planting materials I just put the roof down (weather permitting) takes 15 secs. and load her up. Glad your feeling so much better. Happy New Year to you et'all!

Comment

Really sorry to hear about your car MrsD. Know exactly how you feel. A couple of years ago our Opal Corsa was stolen from out driveway in the middle of the night. I had my camara in the glove compartment as i had been to the park that day and taken some photos of my grandson. There were also most of my garden tools in the boot from going back and forward to my mothers garden. My grandsons car seat was also inside. We never heard anything about it and had to save hard to replace it. We also lost our no claims bonus. Now we leave nothing in our car and have a security pole at our gate.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X