Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm afraid we seem to have developed a bit of a 'seed habit'!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm going to have to have a seed amnesty with you lot, and get them donated to some of our charities/schools.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
      I think I'm going to have to have a seed amnesty with you lot, and get them donated to some of our charities/schools.
      then we can buy some more
      The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
        way ahead of you there already, some have already gone to my local school/Nursery ,and what won't store will be shared around i.e parnips

Wyvale twisted my arm and forced me to take the free promotion seeds luckily lots of my packets are near empty/dupicates so I will have an excuse to by more (I feel a relapse coming on)

alot of the pot collecting (when I say pot I mean Plastic Pots not cannabis) I have done are for the school too but for my addiction I can pretend they are all mine during the summer hoildays

see now im justifying myself I am a true addict

If you have got kids at school why not convince them to get a veg patch, the kids get so much out of it even a small raised bed can make a difference
        funnily enough they won't be interested in chilli peppers

i'm not going preach/bore every one on here as I do a pretty good job around home

and that's why I do do serious very often
        Last edited by enrich100; 04-09-2009, 08:42 AM.
        Thought For The Day
        If a plum tomato breaks the law when it’s young
        Would it’s criminal past ketchup with it later?

Comment

Originally posted by enrich100 View Post

If you have got kids at school why not convince them to get a veg patch, the kids get so much out of it even a small raised bed can make a difference
          funnily enough they won't be interested in chilli peppers
          ROFL; my Step-daughter is 12 and couldn't be less interested.......she's been given little plots but it's not quite as much fun as Xbox is it?

My niece however loves gardening, and is going to be receiving a sunflower head any day soon....as she wants to save her own seeds and grow them next year. She's 6.....I got in early with her Just got to work out what to send her little sister as I can't send one something without the other......

Comment

Senior schools don't seem to be into the growing things lark. Pity that as I'm sure it would be great for the teenagers to grow some weird and wonderful veg. I went to the GC the other day and I bought.... giant pumkin seeds. When I told my son he was thrilled and liked the idea of having a competition to see which of us can grow the biggest pumkin next year. Up till now ( he's 12) he has resented the veg patch as taking too much of my time although he loves eating the produce
            I really want to get him involved more and yes the ps3 etc currently hold more favour.....

Comment

im lucky mine kids love the garden here and at primary school, our computer games come out on rainy days
              Last edited by enrich100; 04-09-2009, 09:32 AM.
              Thought For The Day

Comment

Originally posted by enrich100 View Post
                im lucky mine kids love the garden here and at primary school, our computer games come out on rainy days
                It would be different is she was here all the time, and younger.....

Comment

Originally posted by Incy View Post
                  I went to the GC the other day and I bought.... giant pumkin seeds. When I told my son he was thrilled and liked the idea of having a competition to see which of us can grow the biggest pumkin next year....
                  I've done this a couple of years in a row with my eldest, he's beaten me every time Probably because he looks after his pumpkin, and I look after 2 plots But it keeps him interested. #2 son is trying to grow giant cabbages, and DD grows Mimipop sweetcorn and strawberries

Comment

We have gone the other way all three of mine have grown tom thumb lettuce and each have a wall trough of hundreds and thousands toms although we do have a couple of pumkinswhich my eldest claims the biggest pumpkin depending on which one looks the biggest, my youngest has taken control of the strawberries taking control = eating all he can lay his hands on then telling me there wasn't any

Thinking about it I could have become a competitive dad and had a lettuce growing competition, me growing an iceberg them growing tom thumbs they id be almost guaranteed a win,

I could do it with the peppers too, them growing my Mini Bell mix seeds and me growing my big Banana Pepper or my Jumbo sweet Pepper seeds, now theres a thought,

I usually let them win at every thing they do perhaps it time I taught them a lesson
                    Thought For The Day

Comment

Im Mrs Dobby..... and I still have a seed habit!!

Gulp! We had to go to Wyevales today .........

couldnt resist the 50p seed sale (I did try, honest)......

Spent a good hour sitting in a deck chair going through the seed tubs looking for the seeds we need for next year (may as well be comfortable when doing such an important job!) ........
                      Think I may have overdone it just an ickle bit ........

119 packets of seeds now at home with me waiting to be sorted and added to the existing packet remnants from this year!

Staff at Wyevales couldnt believe our shopping trolley, even other shoppers were stopping to look at the enormous pile of seed packets!

Personally I couldnt see why they were so amazed, doesnt everyone who has an allotment need new varieties, 10 more of tomato, 8 more chillies, 8 more peppers, 5 more broccollis, 4 more cabbages, 5 more french beans, 6 more peas, 2 more beetroot, 5 more onions, 6 more pumpkin and squash, 5 more lettuce, 5 more sunflower......... ?

Or do I really have a seed addiction problem? Lol!

Even Hubby was astounded at the quantity of seeds, last year we got 80 packets, this year I've gone even more bonkers! Ah well, at least they were on offer!
                      Blessings
                      Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                      Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                      Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                      On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X