Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lollipops - a word of warning - please read!!!!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
    Sheesus! Glad the little man's ok. How did they get it out in the end?

Been thinking of doing some basic first aid training myself for this very reason.
    Thanks guys for all your lovely words, my son is fine now, although I will always now worry. Good point HW - re - 1st aid training. We couldn't get it out, it moved down and they had to wait for it to dissolve, took about 45 mins in all for it to move into his stomach. He couldn't swallow and was retching for quite a while, but it did eventually dislodge! Thank god!

Comment

What dreadful, heart-stopping accidents! I reckon we could all manage to do Heimlich's manoeuvre on an adult, but would it not be a great idea for all parents to be taught how to do it for a baby or child? We are somehow awfully casual about teaching first aid in this country.

Comment

I'm glad he's okay!

Firstaid training is definately worth it. I just did the course. Make sure you book on one that covers kids too as they are slightly different to adults for some stuff.

Originally posted by funstuie View Post
        Luckily a teacher spotted me and picked me up and wolloped me on the back (different sort of first aid training in them days).
        That's actually still part of the recommended steps when someones choking.

The red cross has some video's for anyone that's interested: First aid tips - how to deal with choking

Comment

I am petrified of choking on anything whether it be a piece of pasta or bacon. This makes me feel ill...... I can't begin to imagine how scared you must have been!!!!!
          All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
          For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

-that's really scarey- I'm glad he pulled through!

My daughter 'inhaled' the last half of a Cadbury's cream egg when she was about 12. She was just sucking it and it suddenly got stuck. I was so scared I thumped her on her back...yup- it could have got even more stuck- but we were lucky and it dislodged it.
            I felt sick and shaky for the rest of the day..I can imagine how you must have felt xx
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X