Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably prefers mint
    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
      (s)he has cleared off now, obviously my lamb chops didn't cut the mustard
      I think they prefer soup - of the melted innards variety

Comment

I can't find him anywhere tonight! If he is in my bed - well, there will be trouble I can tell you
        aka
        Suzie

Comment

I sugest watching a film to take your mind off the spider

these 2 are very good

or

Thought For The Day
          If a plum tomato breaks the law when it’s young
          Would it’s criminal past ketchup with it later?

Comment

there was a spider leg on Snowdrop's pillow when I got into bed last night just one leg, and not from the dinner guest spider - way too small, think Victoria Beckham not Dawn French

If it had been Dinner Guest spider's leg, I feel sure (s)he would have come knocking on my eyelids to wake me, using a crutch and holding a law suit in one of many hands
            aka
            Suzie

Comment

I love the way this thread started off as an EEEEEKKK! thread and now I can tell, when (s)he moves, you'll miss it. lol

Comment

The spiders seem to be coming inside from the garden. I keep coming across them in the bathroom. I dont like them either, quite uncomfortable when they are around.

Is it true they do not like conkers and do not come in if you put conkers at your entry points.
                BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
                Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

Originally posted by BumbleB View Post
                  The spiders seem to be coming inside from the garden. I keep coming across them in the bathroom. I dont like them either, quite uncomfortable when they are around.

Is it true they do not like conkers and do not come in if you put conkers at your entry points.
                  Mum tried this donkey's years ago and I'd forgotten all about it until I read your post. I'll ask her if it worked, but it's got to be worth a try. She currently buys some stuff called 'Spider Stop', which doesn't kill them, you spray it on windowsills and along the bottom of doors and they won't cross it. Don't know if that works either. It's the time of year though, BumbleB. They're all on the prowl with romance in mind. Another 3 or 4 weeks and they'll disappear for another year.....it's just that 3 or 4 weeks of a spider invasion can seem a very long time.
                  Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

spider central around here! But then it has turned bliddy chilly, I can see them hugging each other for warmth!
                    aka
                    Suzie

Comment

I would never hurt a spider, I'm too annoyed by the things they hunt!
                      I always liked having a spider living behind the sun visor in my car. Not had one for years now, but they did get rid of the flies!
                      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Watched a Spider catch and kill a wasp last year.

Still don't want to share my bed with one!
                        The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

whilst cleaning out the greenhouse today - I noticed a huge snail stuck up in the corner. I went to pull it out, a spider was attached to it and there were holes in the snail ..... eeewwwww

One can only assume the spider was eating it, gawd I hope he killed it first. I hate snails and slugs but even so eewwwww
                          aka
                          Suzie

Comment

I love spiders. We have a pet tarantula, plus the odd spider around the house earning its keep by eating the mosies
                            The loud wind never reached the ship,
                            Yet now the ship moved on !
                            Beneath the lightning and the Moon
                            The dead men gave a groan.

They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose,
                            Nor spake, nor moved their eyes ;
                            It had been strange, even in a dream,
                            To have seen those dead men rise.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts