No announcement yet.

Someone at t'door

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having a cheese tom toastie with my only red tomato to recover.......I suppose they might send him first to try doors and then send he would tell someone else if the doors are open and they would go back later......

Comment

Do you remember what the car looked like?

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
        ..Another reason to be glad ...
        ...for my armed guard!

Scary stuff lass, doesn't sound at all like JWs to me, an opportunist I reckon - good call on the bizzies
        aka
        Suzie

Comment

Just popped round next door and they said they usually leave the door open for the nurse so they are locking it now.

So MAD!!!!

Can't remember what the car looked like, I think it was a small silvery one but to be honest I was trying to look at his face....

Comment

Just try to give them as much detail as you can. He's probably trying the same thing nearby, so hopefully the police will get a string of reports and pinpoint his location quite quicky.

Comment

Well, I never.

I've just had a call and the police have driven round the village and found 4 JWs and taken all their details. I said I was shocked at their tactics and the police-lady on the phone said she was too, and that I had done the right thing.

Now - HOW VERY DARE THEY - try the door knob. I think I'm even more angry now.

But the cheese and tom toastie was lovely. Just need chocolate now. Hmm......

Comment

Well, I hope they get a caution or more!! How frightening would that be to have a man suddenly let himself into your house. If he'd succeeded on gaining entry, surely that is 'breaking and entering' or 'trespass' at the very least. Well done you Andrea, and I'm just glad you and your neighbours are okay.

P.S.: You definately deserve chocolate after that ordeal.
                Last edited by Pumpkin Becki; 21-08-2009, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Thanks chuck, I am indeed munching on some.

Now, back to work. Wasted a good hour of the day.

Comment

Good grief!! Still bloomin suspicious...
                    Hope you feel calm enough to face figures & spreadsheets soon xxx

Comment

What earthly right do they think they have to try peoples doors (this is not a go at JW's) just their method or I should say his method!- who's idea was it to try the door.....is this common practice?
                      this makes me so mad!
                      I feel for you
                      xxxx from HF

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                        Good grief!! Still bloomin suspicious...
                        Hope you feel calm enough to face figures & spreadsheets soon xxx
                        I'm having trouble getting there to be honest, I was 'in the zone' before and now I'm just flipping angry.

Where's that calming tea gone again? I'm making a big mug of it; gonna give myself half an hour and then back onto it.

GGRRRRRRRRR

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                          Well, I never.

I've just had a call and the police have driven round the village and found 4 JWs and taken all their details. I said I was shocked at their tactics and the police-lady on the phone said she was too, and that I had done the right thing.

Now - HOW VERY DARE THEY - try the door knob. I think I'm even more angry now.

But the cheese and tom toastie was lovely. Just need chocolate now. Hmm......
                          So did the Police confirm that they admitted that they tried the door knob? Sounds very odd and very shocking, they certainly won't be doing themselves any favours in the community. At best folk just put up with them knocking, but if they start a nationwide entering without knocking there will be trouble.

I'm also surprised if there was only one man on your doorstep, as they always work in pairs. He also sounded very rude, not really the way to entice new recruits.

Sounds like you need a nice piece of cake or other extra treat, to help you get through the figures.

Comment

Horrible.

Full marks to the rozzers, though.

Comment

Go and get some fresh air in the garden and do some nice slow yoga breathing - in and out through the nose only, it will help centre you again.

(((((((((((((Big Hug))))))))))))))

Comment

I hope the police gave them a good warning if it was the ones who tried your door, I've never heard of JWs doing that before. Round here you can usually spot a group of them moving into the street & then pairs wander around together knocking on the odd door, never every door in the row as then you might spot them & not answer! I suppose unless they admitted trying the handle it could have been an opportunist thief trying to use their presence as cover. Hope you've managed to get back into the 'zone' & finished your work now!
                                Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X