No announcement yet.

Was I wrong?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same would happen round here too. But after 10 years I don't open his and he don't open mine. Unless nosiness gets the better of us, but we usually 'fess up
    Kirsty b xx

Comment

Sorry! But I now think she's being totally unreasonable. She also seems to have more 'disposable' income than you at the moment (but was living at yours?).

More to this me thinks .

Which brings me to a sorry tale. When I was first married my husband would open letters from friends and relatives that were addressed to me and read them before I did. I objected and he couldn't see what was wrong because his father opened and read ALL mail that went to their house.

I then realised that my father-in-law had read every letter I had sent to my future husband and most of them were VERY explicit.

I had never thought of anyone thinking they had the god-given right to open anyone elses mail.

Since then I have made it clear that my mail is mine and theirs is their own. With the proviso that if there is a reason for it they have my permission to open it.
      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
      Oxfordshire

Comment

Good point about one half spending £100 quid on a pressie when one partner is on the dole...

Comment

she's taking the p**s mate ... she sulks you grovel ... you arent working, she should have told you ... she sounds to be taking full advantage of your good nature ... and will probably take the breadmaker back to hers ... being as how she'll say she bought it ... anyway dump her, she's a waste of time and effort.

Comment

I think your OH needs a reality check. There is more to this than a breadmaker. Time to let her do the grovelling. You gave her a chance to get over her hissy fit (did she have a bad time at the course? who cares now cause her sulking is way out of proportion to the situation!) You have a tiff, you quickly make up (even when your hubby sits on your specs and doesn't tell you Hubby's attempts at grovelling was letting me have the last Jaffa Cake)

Comment

Sorry ginger,
              Sounds like she was looking for an excuse to leave and you inadvertantly gave her one. Only you know how your relationship works but I would look back over the last few months and see if there were any signs leading up to this. If it was just the breadmaker, she would have got over it unless she is completely irrational.
              When we moved house my OH forgot to empty the kitchen cupboards when our old house sold. I was away for work so not able to do it. We had moved the essentials beforehand but the things like the pressure cooker etc which we didn't use daily were still there.
              I forgave him even though most of those things were mine and had sentimental value as they were gifts from family etc.
              I would ask her if there is more to this than the breadmaker.
              Good luck!

Comment

Good Ol' Lynda cutting to the chase! most of your already tight money and a 7 mile round trip on foot carrying the blinking thing! You're both at fault, you opening it and her not telling you about the pressie. This is rediculous... I'd be asking why she has such a troubled consience to cause her to react like this
                Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

I think you've gone out of your way to put this right GL, if she's still in a strop then there is definately something else behind it. I had a major hissy about something quite trivial last week (but in reality it was about a whole load of things that I'd been stewing about for weeks). More fool me, I'm still paying for it now.

Take a step back and let her come to you. If she's anything like me, she'll be back soon and feeling very sorry for herself. Its then up to you if you forgive her or not.

Comment

Just make sure,if you're forking out for a new one that you keep the one you opened!!!
                    'fraid I also think there's more to it than meets the eye!
                    I think you've done enough grovelling,regardless of who's right or wrong,you've apologised,tried to make amends.I'd say the ball's in her court now.
                    Hope you get it solved soon.x
                    Last edited by di; 20-08-2009, 10:23 AM.
                    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I think I would give the used one to the bride and groom, explaining that it got opened by mistake (yours) and that you hope they make as good bread as you have with it! If I was given one in these circumstances I would surely chuckle! In your position at the mo you certainly can't afford to buy a new one at that price!

Not sure what is going on with your OH though

And OH and me only open each other's mail if he is waiting for something and I have to ring and tell him it's come.

Comment

Or......make them a fresh loaf and wrap it back up again and say you have made the loaf as part of the pressie [that's alot of dosh for a wedding present imho though...] and wrap the loaf nicely....chuck a couple of jars of jam in for their after wedding breakfast....

Comment

I agree with Janeyo - one use of the thing won't have particularly hurt it. If you still have the box then package it back up - having cleaned it up of course and I'm sure the recipients will understand when it is expalined to them.

Mind you that's if you're still a guest at the wedding? Did you know there was going to be a wedding and were you invited/

She's obviously annoyed about something else entirely as this is over reaction and I'm the queen of that

Comment

Hi gingerlover how are things going? been reading this today....any news for us. Hope it's all sorted out ok for you both.

Comment

Oh dear GL, I hope things are sorted out now. When I first read the thread I thought "whoops" and had a giggle, but then reading through all the posts, it could seem as if there's more to this hiccup than just a breadmaker whatever the cost. Sorry to hear that you had to fork out all that money from your dole too on something that isn't an essential
                              My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Blimey, GL, maybe you're better off away from this one. Dump her, KEEP the breadmaker and enjoy your bread. Give her something to sulk about!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X